High egress rates with rclone mount and Ampache

Hi all,

I’m getting insanely high egress rates with an Storj (S3 drive) running a media streaming application.

I run a media streaming application for personal use (Ampache) and its media repository is a remote mount of a Storj storage bucket using “rclone mount”. The problem is that I egress only a couple of GB daily in media files but Storj billing shows that I’m using 10 times more bandwidth. For example, today I egressed about 3 GB (according to vnstat in the server that mounts the Storj bucket) but the billing shows that I used 30 GB! I can’t figure out how this is happening. I’m using this rclone command to mount my Storj bucket

rclone mount --log-level 'DEBUG' storj:media /data/media --use-server-modtime --allow-other --allow-non-empty --log-file /log/rclone.log --vfs-cache-mode=writes --vfs-fast-fingerprint --cache-dir /cache

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @aguinaldo
I can’t speak to your specific situation but in general terms it’s often the case that the billing egress amount starts high and then reduces once the nodes submit their actual orders for egress data. Does the billing now show a reduced egress amount as almost 24 hours have passed?

2 Likes