How can I migrate from Windows to Linux with my node if I use RAID0?

I very like Linux Mint Cinnamon. But I was started my first node in Windows. Now it is running. But I think LM is much better because it is free and no any cost for users of this OS. How can I reinstall my system in LM Sinnamon and keep my node in working condition? I see this question have not solution. But may be I mistakes?

Then keep it running. If you go through all the process, best case — having spent all that time you will have working node. Just like now. Worst case - you’ll lose data due to mistake or malfunction. So the downsides are clear. But upside is not.

You have already paid for windows license so it’s also free. You can’t “return” the license for refund :wink:

You can setup another system with Linux or other, specialized for storage, OS, such as TrueNAS, and then migrate the node to it by copying data (over Ethernet). You won’t be able to convert the filesystem in-place anyway, so you still need extra storage equal to the amount of space used.

Basically, the old adage “not broken — don’t fix” is the gist here.

1 Like

Please do not use RAID0, in case of one disk failure the whole node is lost. If you want to add another disk - setup a new node with this disk: How to add an additional drive? - Storj Node Operator Docs

1 Like

It is possible to mount a NTFS partition in Linux.

1 Like

Yes, but….

1 Like