How long can I stay offline to solve a problem

I had a problem with my proxmox server. I had to do a hardware repair and an operating system reinstallation. now I’m migrating the docker container to the new installation. but I keep getting emails from storj labs that if I don’t come back online I may be disqualified.

How long can I stay offline without running into big problems???

Short answer - 30 days.

Long answer - Your node could be offline for 288 hours before suspension. If you get suspended, you won’t get new data but if your node stays online for about a week it will emerge from suspension. If you are down for longer than 30 days, you will be disqualified and you can’t reverse a DQ.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the simple but explanatory answer

1 Like

Since the breakdown I had I was thinking about a question.

if you were to hypothetically lose your current docker installation. and all my data together

can I start over with a virgin node with the generated identity or do I have to regenerate a new identity??

CREATE A NEW IDENTITY FOR THE NEW NODE.

DQed ids won’t work anymore. Because the Data is bound to the identity.
No identity with different data and vice versa will work.

after 4h the network will recreate neccesary data from your node, and the node looses these pieces after going online again. Normaly this is no big deal to stay in the 288H timeframe. aka 12 days.

1 Like

Get your auth token can I have a single one to generate many identities or do I also have to regenerate the token???

New token. One you use a token, it expires.

no.

no, you get one from the site, unless you sign and use it , its the same. after that you get an different token from the website.

its an generated identity. signed with single use token and the email…

You need to generate a new identity and get a new authorization token for each next node. If you would clone an old identity it will be disqualified as soon as you bring clones online.
Using a new authorization token with the cloned identity will produce the same old identity, so you must generate a new identity and get a new authorization token to sign it.