How long does it take to regain 100% online status?

Hello,
unfortunately the SD-Card of my small Odroid-HC2 died and my node went offline for around 2 weeks (mostly this stuff happens when youre not home for a long time -.-). Now my Online scroe went below 60% and the nodes got “suspended”. How long will it take best case to ragain the online score to around 100% (if my isp stays online and the pc don’t crash anymore)? I now upgraded to a 4-bay nas case with a J5005, which I want to fill slowly with HDDs for storj, but before that, my scroe needs to rise again, because in suspension state I wont get that much data. I ditched the Odroid HC4, because it seems it cant handle 12 TB of Data, and is not really sustainable in the long run.

Thanks in advance.

REF: How to migrate the Windows GUI node from one physical location to another? - Storj Docs

Official site for Odroid shows it can handle two 12TB drives.

1 Like

in 30 max days it should regain near 100% i think, from 60%
or at least get out of suspension and start gaining weight again.
I have same problem curently, and recovering from 54%, its been around 14 days and it still doesn’t gain weight, or recover any more %, but its still online and it uploads normally(egress). it just need to stay online and should be fine i guess.

2 Likes

My mistake, I have an Odroid hc2 not hc4

Sometimes the node needs to be restarted (which also happens after an update), to update the online stats on the dashboard.

To fully recover your node should be online for the next 30 days. Each downtime event requires another 30 days online to recover.

what does that “downtime event” mean?
the node got 2h downtime few days ago…
if that restarts the timer im gonna rage

That is correct, every time your node goes offline, this is a downtime event and the counter will reset, so the 30 days will count starting from the time your node came back online.

1 Like

To make it simpler.
You have a check window of 30 days. Your offline events inside that range - your online score is going down, but you fixed an issue, now all checks are successful, the time window is moved further, now your past offline events are out of the window, so the online score is 100%
but your node is going offline for some reason… you fixed an issue, but now you need to wait when the 30 days window will not include this offline event to calculate your online score as 100% again.

1 Like

i can confirm that node went online 8.12.2023 after around 47% downtime (so about 12-14 days)
then got some 1h50m downtime again, but that doesn’t affect it, and today 26.12.2023 it just got unsuspended and start getting new data, and 1 or 2 days before it started gaining reputation % again.

So yea that 1h50m in the middle of recovery didn’t reset anything.

that 2h will take a full month to recover. thats all.
an not noticeable stuttering in gaining online percentages

1 Like

It’s just:
[estimated uptime last 30days]/[total time last 30 days]

1 Like

more like

Anyway, i made a crappy pic for better understanding. (yes this would dq a node, but its only for understanding why online needs 30 day to recover,)
online-percent

2 Likes