How much can I earn with a 1GBit connection?

You already can access your node from anywhere in the world. Make sure Web UI (or something) is enabled in the config.yaml file, and that port 14002 is forwarded on your node. It is more secure to set up a vpn though.

i tired its wont work … maybe i didnt add to firewall ? and also i have linux node too … there something i missed ?

i just noticed i got update noticed
Update your Node to Version v1.1.1: It’s time to update your Node’s software, you are running outdated version v1.0.1

what i should do now ?

Just wait, it will update when the update is pushed to your node’s ID, it might take a day or two. I got the same notification on both my nodes. I had some trouble setting up my web dashboard at first, but everything works now. If you want, view one of my nodes here you can see i got the same notification.

1 Like

WOW … you got 94USD just for 2 month ? and yes i wanna open my port too , its default open to public ?

The update will definitely help, but I doubt it will show everything. Consider using the earnings calculator here if you want more information or don’t want to wait for the update.

1 Like

we can add up simple password using normal windows function … however if earning cant richup atlast 15USD per month i will shut down all my node … i add all 8TB on 3 maching with 1GB port … its cost

My node has never earned less than 15 USD a month. Always over 20 USD so far.

My earnings in total are less than 6 dollars for three months so beware ymmv

Keep in mind that the first 9 months a percentage is held back. This is done to build up a reserve in case your node suddenly disappears and data repair needs to happen. That’s costly, so part payout is held back to cover for that scenario. Half of that will be paid out after 15 months, the rest when you gracefully exit. The held back % drops every 3 months. Additionally the first month or so your node is in vetting, while the satellites try to figure out whether it’s reliable.

All of this results in nodes not being as profitable early on by design. Payouts will get better over time because of these things alone. But in addition to that over time your node will collect more data which could lead to more downloads. Both of which will naturally increase payouts as well.

For what it’s worth, my node has already made 6 USD in the first < 4 days this month.

How big is your drive ? One of my nodes has 10 TB of data and earns only around 40 cts / day. Internet connection is 10GB/1GB.
Your earnings are insane

what what you have not been running your node for a month?

My node is 10TB as well, 1000/500mbit. Though connection speed hardly matters. I’ve been running this node for over a year now though. Just give it some time. I already bought a 12TB HDD with my earnings, so it’s paid for itself, the rest is pure profit.

At one point I had $150usd in two months, but then the value of storj token went down. I’m holding on to it. It will go back up soon. :crossed_fingers: Also it takes a couple of months to get to the point when you don’t have held amount taken, so don’t get discouraged. Payouts happen the first two weeks of every month.

Thats Cool … lets say i have Good hardware and can manage up time lets say 5month … when it all hardware and all good no issue even staligites also perfect for vettied … how much i can expert for 1.5TB per month 1GB port ? Yes i know it held 75% … but i i need to paid my net bill … so i need cover that amount … can i expected if even it its hold 75% from my earning will be above 10$ ? i just looking min earning to run this marching .

Whats most part in maching will help to increase earning ? looking for order
HDD CAPACITY ?
Net SPEED ?
CPU ?

Ive been running my node since may and I made everything back that I put into it, When they gave us all bonus at the start Its all been profit ever since and I just put money back into the hardware. I started with a free dell machine im running on a 10gig internet but node is only on a dedicated 1gig port as the node hasnt even broken 100Mbit yet. Dont expect to get more data just cause you have a 1gig line it really doesnt help much.

can you give us a numbers ? :relaxed:

Like amount I’ve made?

It’s near impossible to say what you will earn exactly. It depends on a lot of vectors. We had quite a few months with surge payouts up to 5x the normal amount. Additionally my node now holds almost 6TB of data. So you won’t make as much as I do for sure. During testing they often downloaded the recently uploaded data so a full node resulted in no new uploads and much less download as well. Now I suspect this will be a little different with production data though there will likely still be some traffic patterns like that.

From the list you mentioned HDD capacity will have by far the biggest impact on income. Beyond a certain point internet speed and CPU really don’t matter anymore. I think it helps to be faster than an RPi 4, but not much beyond that. Internet over 100mbit probably doesn’t help much either.

YES thats whay mean … trying to colulate what i will have end of month … becoz i spend base capital and get idea will i recovered or how long it will take . if not … i will shut down all my servers .