How slow can a graceful exit be?

Hi *,

I need to perform a rather long maintenance on a storj node that offered 1TB of space for the last 18 months.

So I initiated a graceful exit (because, you know, reputation is key) one week ago and after 2~3 days, saltlake, asia-east-1, us-central-1 and europe-north-1 completed the exit (Completion Receipt received), but europe-west-1 is really lagging behind and barely made it to 1/3 of the job.

Is there a good reason for this ?

Domain Name                        Node ID                                              Percent Complete  Successful  Completion Receipt
saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777        1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE   100.00%           Y           [ REDACTED ]
asia-east-1.tardigrade.io:7777     121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6  100.00%           Y           [ REDACTED ]
us-central-1.tardigrade.io:7777    12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S  100.00%           Y           [ REDACTED ]
europe-west-1.tardigrade.io:7777   12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs  31.17%            N           N/A
europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777  12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB  100.00%           Y           [ REDACTED ]

Sorry to ask an obvious question, but could it be that you have significantly more data from Europe-west-1?

you can check how much space is used in the web dashboard.
my node which should be somewhere around the max say it has 1TB for eu west.

i think you can go into the payout, and because the payout from the past month or further back will show much data you get paid for storing, then you can see if this is infact due to the satellite storing more data…

if it doesn’t have much data it might also not really matter to much since you are killing the node anyways…

It might hardly move for multiple days and then suddenly finish. Not all pieces get uploaded, only the ones close to the repair threshold.
But I don’t know why eu-west-1 would be a lot slower (unless it has more data)

Makes no sense. Graceful exit = 0 reputation

1 Like

Well I respect him :smiley: So good reputation :wink:

But could have asked before starting GE. Can’t stop it now anyway.

Well, based on the payout numbers this node had equal usage in us-central-1 and europe-west-1. But somehow US managed to confirm GE completion way faster.