How to block certain satellites

I did GE on all customer facing satellites but since not all satellites are old enough and not all my nodes are old enough on those satellites, I need to get rid of them.
Use-case: There is a small possibility that illegal content is stored and distributed from my node. Storjlabs didn’t make it very convincing that I wouldn’t be held responsible for those, so I don’t want to take that chance and will leave all customer-facing satellites (staying on test-satellites as I assume those won’t distribute illegal content…). I know that I’m a bit weak-minded and the probability of having illegal content and getting prosecuted for it is probably lower than winning the lottery… but still, it bothered me too much, thinking about that every time I walk by my node so I chose peace of mind over 30$/month…

(btw: ended up hosting my own list of trusted satellites using the option storage2.trust.sources which was easier to set up but of course you’d need your own webserver then. got the idea from @zolbarna)

2 Likes