How to disable payments by zksync?

Hello, my last payments have been made through zksync, the problem is that I don’t know why that happens.
Could it be that I have inadvertently activated that payment method?
If so, how can I see if it is effective? can i go back?

Is STORJ only paying through zksync?

I hope you can answer me
Thank you!

If you have opted into zkSync, somewhere you have set your “wallet_features” setting to be zksync. The easiest way to deal with this is remove zksync from your wallet_features and you will no longer get layer 2 payments.

That said, even if you aren’t opted into layer 2, Storj uses zkSync withdrawal to pay layer 1 payments for all layer 1 payments. In this case you are receiving payment over layer 1, even though the source address is the zkSync contract. I don’t believe there is anything to change here. Is this what you mean?

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer, but what is “wallet_features”? is the command line with which the system starts?

Yes, if you have configured it then “wallet-features” is either in the docker run command or in the config.yaml file.

If you can see your storj token balance on https://etherscan.io/ then you have normal L1 payments, but as @jtolio says:

Storj uses zkSync withdrawal to pay layer 1 payments

I checked my configuration and I don’t have payment enabled through zksync, but when I see through https://etherscan.io/ I see what is in the image.

Are the last 4 payments coming from the zksync network? but they are not payments that are in that network. Is that correct?

If so, why don’t I see that balance in my wallet? (coinomi)

The payments come from the zksync contract. The contract interacts with the zksync network to complete the payments.

It doesn’t look like coinomi supports storj tokens by default - Supported assets | Coinomi - so you need to add the token manually in your wallet.

I have been using coinomi for years and I have no problem seeing and using my storj tokens.
The last payment that is seen in my wallet is from January 2022, after the following payments, which apparently come from zksync, I cannot see them in my storj toke, but I do see that there are transactions from my ETH wallet. I’m a bit confused, could it be that coinomi is not compatible with zksync?

These are usual transactions on L1. I think you need to file a support ticket to Coinomi. But maybe they do not support transactions from smart contracts (this is unusual though and looks like a bug in their software).
Is your balance in Coinomi matching the balance on Etherscan?

1 Like

With Coinomi you hold your own seed phrase and it allows you to export your private keys. So you should be able to access your funds by importing the private key/seed phrase to a different wallet that would allow you to access tokens you received via L2 → L1 zkSync withdrawal, in case you cannot resolve the issue with Coinomi.

1 Like

+1 contact Coinomi support
They’ve been quickly responsive in the past.

I’ve had similar issues with their wallets not showing deposits or balances correctly.
Support helped me figure out it was a combination of their software issues + older/no longer compatible operating system versions.

As @heunland said, try importing the whole wallet to another , freshly updated, device.
Hope you get it solved soon!

Hi Alexey. I can see an issue with zksync. In etherscan.io I am able to see the transactions, but the income into my wallet it is not reflected. So, Storj already made about 3 payments by now but I realised that those payments are not reflected into my wallet despite the fact that my storj wallet address is correct

Hi @cyber-arknet
If the transactions and balance show correctly on etherscan but your wallet does not show the same amounts, and transactions, then it is an issue with the wallet coding/software. You should raise a case with the developer of the wallet software.

Could you please clarify your statement. You are indicating that you have signed up for zkSync? If that is correct, it is normal that you do not see the zkSync STORJ deposit transactions in etherscan.io, as that explorer should only show you the regular L1 ERC20 token transactions. Instead, you should enter your wallet address in zkscan.io and if you had properly configured to receive zkSync payouts, you should see all the payout transactions on zkscan.io

On the other hand, if you are seeing payout transactions in etherscan.io then your wallet address is not actually signed up for zkSync and you are actually seeing L2 → L1 withdrawal transactions that deposited STORJ into your regular ethereum wallet address. Even though we have used zkSync L2 → L1 withdrawal functionality to make these deposits to L1 wallets in recent months, that does not mean these are zkSync
layer 2 payouts.

Also as Stob mentioned, it is possible you are using a wallet that is not compatible with zkSync so in that case that would explain why you do not see the transactions in that wallet and you should export your seedphrase to a compatible wallet instead, as mentioned in another comment I made earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Hello, I don’t know what happened in this payment, but it worked without problems and I see it in my coinomi wallet. I have not done any action. What was the difference between this payment and the previous ones?

What is the “From” address in your transaction? Is it a zkSync contract or regular Ethereum address accordingly Etherscan?

The from address is “0x303EDCD8DbE1607fe512D45CC15d3E41fa4db44B”

Then that’s a reason, this transaction is come from a regular Ethereum address, not from the smart contract.
So your wallet is unable to show transactions from the smart contracts. For me it looks like a bug in their software.

Ok, I understand, but why sometimes the payment arrives for one and sometimes for another?

The August payments reverted to old code only on L1, not using any L2 (zksync) component.

1 Like