How to do maintenance on Storj Node

Hello All,

One of the fans in my PC has stopped working. I’m also going to take this opportunity to move everything over to a new case.

If I need to be down for about an hour what is the best way to power down the docker image so as to have least impact on my status?

Just bring it online as soon as possible.
There is no “maintenance mode” and unlikely it would be implemented in the future:
Your node have 288 hours offline before it would be suspended, then you have a week to fix the issue, if after a week it would be still suspended - it will be disqualified.
To recover your node need to be online for the next 30 days. The node will be on review for the next 30 days after solving the offline issue, if the node will be suspended again at the end of 30 days review period - it will be disqualified.

So you have plenty of time to fix the offline issue before the node would be disqualified.

Ok, great to know! I don’t think I’ll have much issue then.

Hello,
I have to stop my node too, just to understand, if I stop my node 7 hours, I have 281 hours “left”, when will I recover my 288 hours quota ? Because maintenance could be needed weekly or monthly for example… Thanks

When online score would drop below 60% your node would be suspended.
As soon as you bring it online, it will slowly recover, when online score would be greater than 60%, your node would went out of suspension. Your node should be online for the next 30 days to fully recover.

288 hours related to nodes which have more than one month of audits (because online score calculates within 30 days rolling window).
If your node is new, it could be suspended much faster due to lack of audits for the last 30 days.
See How is the online score calculated? - Node Operator

1 Like

OK perfect, thanks ! Debian 11 on the way :smiley:

2 Likes

a tip from my experience migrating from RP4 + single usb drive → Synology. If possible run Rsync with both system on until it won’t sync anymore. It will save you lots of downtime.

It seems obvious not to shut down one of the systems before the end of rsync :thinking:
But I’m not migrating my system, just upgrading in-place (and I just finished !)

i thought so too… that it would be faster to take the system offline and just copy. Strange thing is that it took ages to empty the SMR-USBdrive. Learnt my lessons. Never own a SMR-drive again. Sold every single one of them.