How to identify vetted status?

Is there an easy way to identify if a particular node is vetted or not? Is this something I can query through the API or deduct otherwise?

At the moment I’m seeing ~5GB per day ingress on each node, two of them being just under a month old and one being relatively new (one week). I understood that vetting will affect the amount of ingress data being sent to my nodes, but I also want to know if I can monitor vetted status next to the audit status so I can integrate it into my monitoring.

When you run the script without period, you will see for each satellite the vetting progress, x audits from 100, and if it just shows OK, then that sat has finished the vetting. Each sat does it’s own vetting.

$ python earnings.py /storj/storage
January 2023 (Version: 12.3.1)					[snapshot: 2023-01-31 15:14:33Z]
			TYPE		PRICE			DISK	BANDWIDTH	 PAYOUT
Upload			Ingress		-not paid-			139.03 GB
Upload Repair		Ingress		-not paid-			  8.65 GB
Download		Egress		$ 20.00 / TB			 45.88 GB	$  0.92
Download Repair		Egress		$ 10.00 / TB			 55.87 MB	$  0.00
Download Audit		Egress		$ 10.00 / TB			 32.66 KB	$  0.00
Disk Current		Storage		-not paid-	102.48 GB
Disk Average So Far	Storage		-not paid-	 29.95 GB
Disk Usage Month	Storage		$  1.50 / TBm	 53.34 GBm			$  0.08
________________________________________________________________________________________________+
Total							 53.34 GBm	193.62 GB	$  1.00
Estimated total by end of month				 29.95 GBm	195.92 GB	$  0.97

Payout and held amount by satellite:
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ SATELLITE                      β”‚      NODE AGE     β”‚   HELD AMOUNT   β”‚        REPUTATION      β”‚          PAYOUT THIS MONTH          β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ Joined     Month  β”‚ Perc     Total  β”‚    Disq   Susp   Down  β”‚     Earned        Held      Payout  β”‚
β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€
β”‚ ap1.storj.io:7777 (27% Vetting progress > 10 / 100 Audits)           β”‚                        β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.0385   $  0.0289   $  0.0096  β”‚
β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€
β”‚ eu1.storj.io:7777 (37% Vetting progress > 19 / 100 Audits)           β”‚                        β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.1683   $  0.1262   $  0.0421  β”‚
β”‚ europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777 (24% Vetting progress >  8 / 100 Audits)                    β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.0013   $  0.0010   $  0.0003  β”‚
β”‚ saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 (20% Vetting progress >  6 / 100 Audits) β”‚                        β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.0017   $  0.0013   $  0.0004  β”‚
β”‚ us1.storj.io:7777 (44% Vetting progress > 26 / 100 Audits)           β”‚                        β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.7882   $  0.5912   $  0.1971  β”‚
β”‚ us2.storj.io:7777 (27% Vetting progress > 10 / 100 Audits)           β”‚                        β”‚                                     β”‚
β”‚                                β”‚ 2023-01-01     1  β”‚  75%  $   0.00  β”‚   0.00%  0.00%  0.00%  β”‚  $  0.0003   $  0.0002   $  0.0001  β”‚
β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ +
β”‚ TOTAL                          β”‚                   β”‚       $   0.00  β”‚                        β”‚  $  0.9982   $  0.7487   $  0.2496  β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
[friedkiwi@cbrstg01 documents]$ 

This is what I’m currently getting, and exactly the sort of information I’m looking for.

Is the vetting progress accurate/is this supposed to be this low after a month?

Progress % indicates the timewise progress of this non-linear process (you get very few audits early on when your node has very little data). It’s usually quite accurate, however audits have been switched off for a while while they were implementing a new system. So it is normal right now that you’re seeing low numbers and unfortunately the progress % can’t take such anomalies into account. As far as I know, audits have resumed now. So you should see more progress again.

Thanks - that was actually my next question :joy:.

Is it safe to leave the status API (:14002) exposed to the public internet?

It’s not recommended. Here are docs to access the dashboard remotely securely: How to remote access the web dashboard - Storj Node Operator Docs

1 Like

I agree, if you want to do that run a proxy infront of it and use letsencrypt SSL certificate.
The easiest way is to run NginxProxyManager https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager

I use Hestiacp (web control panel) and host my own websites/email server, I use a subdomain and proxy manager (link above) with SSL to access my dashboard through the internet, I also have a IPS (intruder prevention system) that comes with most high end routers as part of my security on my local network.