How to increase usable discspace

Hi,

maybe stupid question - but I thought it is possible to increase space by just increasing the value in the config.yaml. But this seems not to be the case, at least the node shows still the old value (also after restart). Meanwhile I am running under windows instead docker since the native windows is more stable than the docker windows version. Would rerunning the setup help or do I need to tweak somewhere in the data directory?

https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/how-do-i-change-my-parameters-such-as-payout-address-allotted-storage-space-and-bandwidth

2 Likes

As described this is exactly what I did (several times) - now I changed the debug level from info to debug as well and voila the discspace was adapted to the new value. Bit strange behaviour - not sure if someone can reproduce.
I tried on other nodes now and cannot reproduce the strange behaviour of the first one. What I observed is that sometimes stopping the windows service it seems to immediately restart (as it would have crashed).