How to limit the bandwidth?

How do I decrease it? My computer was set up last night and I cant use anything else in my house. I only gave it 50%

You should create a separate thread for this, but just a guess is that your upload bandwidth is being saturated and you’d need to limit your upload bandwidth on your router using QOS or some other means. This would be outside the bounds of this support forum, and might be better asked on the forum for your router.

1 Like

moved to a separate thread

You could install NetLimiter if it’s a windows PC and limit how much speed it is allowed to use in Mbps. It also makes a great way to monitor bandwidth usage.

May I hijack the thread? I tried the same and failed. I tried wondershaper as recommended here in the forum on Ubuntu 16.04. In my first test I tried to limit the interface docker0 to 40/10 Mbit/s for down-/upload. But according to my router the upload dropped below 3 Mbit/s. Even after I cleared the setting, the upload stayed at this rate. Only after a reboot the upload went back to almost maxing out my connection.

Can anybody share their experience with wondershaper and how he/she has done it?