How to migrate storagenode, please help!

i have a core 2 duo CPU which do not support virtualization technology (VT). I created an identity using windows 10.i also asked the support for their help but understood very little. so please help me on transferring the storjnode from windows to ubuntu server.

It’s not entirely clear to me if you already started the node on the windows system or not.

If not, you can just copy the identity you created to the linux system and skip the steps to create one. Then follow the instructions as is and point the identity path to where you placed your identity.

If you already had a node running, the process is similar, but you have to stop the node first and will also have to copy the data folder to the new machine. And point the run command to the copied data as well.

If things are still unclear, can you elaborate on what part you don’t understand?

1 Like

no, i just authorized the auth token. i don’t have any data. i am still new on this. i resize my hard drive and gave 800 gb for the ubuntu sever to store the storj data on that hard drive. i have the authorized identity folder stored on the google drive too. i’ve already installed docker on the ubuntu server. now what should i do next?

Copy that identity folder to somewhere on the Ubuntu machine and proceed with the instructions starting here
https://documentation.storj.io/setup/docker

i copied the authorized authorization token folder into “/home/my username/identity” folder. i gave the directory address to “/home/my username/identity” when adding my information with those commands
“docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL="user@example.com"
-e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967”
-e BANDWIDTH=“20TB”
-e STORAGE=“2TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/home/my username/identiy",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="home/my username/DATA”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

i used kali linux to copy the authorized authorization token by simply doing a copy paste. Because windows file system just won’t recognize the file system of ubuntu server.

when i try to run the command “sudo docker exec -it storagenode / app/dashboard.sh”
It gives me an error reponse saying this
“Error response from daemon: Container ecdb… is restarting. wait until the container is running”
what should i do now?

You’re missing a / at the start of your data path. Stop and remove the container, then run again with corrected path. You can also check the logs to see what’s wrong. Check the instructions to know how to see the logs.

sorry i mistyped. but again the case is the same

Looking back at your run command I see you typed identiy instead of indentity in the path. You also have a few curly qoutes “ ” instead of the straight ones " ". Don’t use any word processors to copy paste these commands, they will mess up your quotes. Only use notepad or code editors.

Before asking again, please carefully read your run command for errors like this. Close enough might make sense to humans, but computers don’t work that way. It needs to be exact.

1 Like