How to setup a few extra nodes at remote locations

I’m looking to setup a few extra nodes at remote locations. What’s the best way to do this?

1. Subscribe to the waitlist with a different email address
  2. Generate the identity
  3. Sign it
  4. Run the node

You can use the https://documentation.storj.io as a reference.
Or please, be a more specific - what the difficulties are you expect?

1 Like

I was just wondering if anything had changed with the beta regarding signing up for additional nodes. I’ve been swamped at work and just catching up with news.

I am trying to set up some nodes which I have here available, I have 8 in total, each node has a 1 TB SSD.

I got my access token and my first node has even been used.

But, when I went to go set up the other nodes, I am unable to generate another identity.

Can I reuse the same identity on multiple nodes? I have each node’s private IP mapped to a separate external port on the public host IP, configured with DNS was thinking it work would with each node like:

192.168.1.2:28967 -> storj.example.com:4000 
192.168.1.3:28967 -> storj.example.com:4001
192.168.1.9:28967 -> storj.example.com:4008

I set up 4 nodes like this and they all appear online, but they are all using the same identity. Is that OK?

I am trying to set up some nodes which I have here available, I have 8 in total, each node has a 1 TB SSD.

I got my access token and my first node has even been used.

But, when I went to go set up the other nodes, I am unable to generate another identity.

Can I reuse the same identity on multiple nodes? I have each node’s private IP mapped to a separate external port on the public host IP, configured with DNS was thinking it work would with each node like:

192.168.1.2:28967 -> storj.example.com:4000 
192.168.1.3:28967 -> storj.example.com:4001
192.168.1.9:28967 -> storj.example.com:4008

I set up 4 nodes like this and they all appear online, but they are all using the same identity. Is that OK?

Setup multiple nodes behind the same public IP is not a good idea, they can’t get more traffic than only one node and the vetting process will be in 8 times longer: Add multiple drive, restart node with different parameters, and reduce Storage with out penalty
So, there is no benefits to run multiple nodes behind the one public IP.

If you still want to try, then you must have an own unique identity for each node. In the Beta you need to have the same amount of one-time authorization tokens. To receive an authorization token you should subscribe to the waitlist with a different email address.