Huge drop in bandwidth used. What's going on?

Hi all. There have been big drop in bandwidth used for the past few days, I’m getting nearly zero data, do you know what’s going on, and I’m not the only one:

That’s just normal variation. Same is happening with my nodes.

There are ups and downs, that’s to be expected.

2 Likes

Not like this. I’ve never had drop like this for over a year being SNO.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a drop as well, but make sure your node is up to date, otherwise you won’t get new data.

1 Like

It is, 1.16.1, so it’s the latest.

Same here. Big drop. I still get traffic but both RX & TX are down

1 Like

Good… I was suspecting that is something wrong with my ISP :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a trigger to let me know it’s a good time to do maintenance. It’s been firing a lot lately :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What are you using to log traffic?

1 Like

Looks like grafana. I’m using Telegraf and InfluxDB on mine.

1 Like

Same here:

btw, almost 4 months old node was able to get 650GB on 8TB drive.
Look at this incredible uploads (upload link is 30mbps), look at me getting rich with 0.7$ earned in 17 days, and total ~ 1$.

1 Like

Here’s my node graphs

1 Like

@Alexey any thoughts?

Did something collapse on the Saltlake satellite?

The drastic drop has us all concerned…

1 Like

not me… I’m not concerned.

4 Likes

Hi all
also a huge drop on my two nodes…
Node1:

Node2:

My node finally vetted on the three non-test satellites just before the weekend and I was looking forward to an increase in traffic, but sadly with this apparent overall decrease, I’m seeing basically no gains to being vetted.

The traffic is between customers and nodes, the satellite is not involved in data transfer

I’m not concerned either :slight_smile:

It’s just the way it is: some weeks are good, some others are bad. Some are awesome, some are just as quiet as a mouse. It all depends on what’s going on on customers/StorjLabs side.

We just have to be patient and take good care of our nodes while StorjLabs is doing their best for finding customers, or running more tests that make SNOs happy… :wink:

5 Likes

I’m in this for the long haul - some quieter days / weeks don’t matter to me as long as everything works ok in the long run.

3 Likes

I check my nodes once everyday for 5 minutes just to see if everything is working fine, then I move on with my life.

2 Likes