I am just thinking about an absolutely disaster recovery plan if fire happens

What is the minimal knowledge to recover my data from Storj if my home burned down?

So I am storing my satellite login credentials in Apple key chain. Let’s assume all my Apple devices burned and I can not recover my logins to Storj satellite.

I only remember my encryption keys.

How can I get my data back from Storj ?

May be you cold remember your email and password that you registered, to enter a satellite web, and make new access grant. And i think there is options to recover if you have access to your email.

2 Likes

That’s it. I lost my Storj login password. But I can remember my mail so Storj can reset my login ?

write to support I think

Ok. on the one side good to know. On the other hand if Storj can reset my password they can have acces to my account

they dont have encryption password, so they cant do there anything’s. without encryption password you cant make new access grand. Also to restore password you need to know your email and have access to it.

tried this button also?

2 Likes

You can click the Reset password link on the login page.

We will say the same - click the Reset password link on the login page. If you still has an access to your email (do you remember an email password by the way?), you would be able to reset the password for the satellite account.
The next challenge would be to remember your encryption phrase. This one cannot be reset, so if you do not remember the encryption phrase and do not have an access grant, then your data will remain as not decryptable. So you would be able only to delete it.

Yes we assume that K have access to my mail.

So If I have access to my mail and and remember only my encryption password everything is fine ?

Yes, it’s
Make sure to save your encryption phrase safely.