I cannot run the Qnap app with the Storj node. They can help?

@Pauantich in what step are you currently stuck?

I’m setting up the Storagenode Qnap App v1.0.0 and generating an identity too.

It looks that’s generating the identity but it doesn’t update the progress very often, however I cannot confirm now because it’s started 5 minutes ago.

it does not give me the option to start the APP 1.0.0.

I install it, follow the steps, enter the wallet, DDNS next to the port **. ddns.net:28967, wallet address …

I created the identity on a pc and transferred it to the Container directory but identity gives me an error, it deleted my Auth Token:

Your screen is totally different that my one, that’s because you finished some installation and I haven’t.

By the way, it looks that the Storagenode app got closed in my Qnap while I left it generating the identity but there is no notification about it and when I run it again, the setup process start since the beginning; hence so far isn’t working for me, at least, if I decide to generate the identity in the setup process.

I’m asking my colleagues of the team who is in charge of the Qnap application to see if they can help you and perhaps also find my problem :wink:

1 Like

Hi, You should ensure two things

1. The address of the identity should be absolute
  2. The say your identity path is "/share/Public/storj/identity " which should contain the storagenode folder. The value in the identity path shall be /share/Public/storj/identity

When you install the screen that loads in wizard and after first configuration you will see this only. However you can can always go back using the Wizard link on the left menu bar.

This part is inconsistent with how the installs with docker and gui usually work. I don’t think it’s a good idea to deviate from that. Docker and gui installs expect a direct path to the signed identity files.

And since the storagenode folder name depends on the name you gave the identity. It shouldn’t be assumed there is even always a storagenode folder.

I was at a dead end and I have decided to start again from scratch generating the identity with the app

permission denied
error identity

It appears that you had given a path which was inside the storage area of container. That will give permission issues. Please provide a path that is there in “/share/Public”.

does not work using routes:

/ Public / storj / storagenode

/ Public / storage

also with:

/ Public / identity / storagenode

It must be /share/Public/, not the /Public/

1 Like

The share folder is not in my Spanish system.

Please, just try. I could not be visible in the GUI, but still be on the filesystem.
The other way - it could be /DataVol1/Public

The Share folder does not exist, but you could create it. Will it work like this?

now if it seems to work

Identity on the right path, but still not working

error storj

I send the ContainerStation terminal log, I do not understand the error due to lack of disk space, I am with a 10TB disk with free space + 5TB . I have assigned to storage 3TB

Seems you do not have a free space on that path.
You should specify the path to the storage on your HDD.
Try this path: /DataVol1/Public/Storage, but I think you should create it first in the Public folder.

I have not yet managed to regenerate a valid identity. I think it is not possible to copy the generated files to another machine, at least not on my win10.
I have found that a default folder and files are created in /Public automatically

@Pauantich - can you share the last few lines of the storj_identity.log file?