I give up, Offline status, QUIC Misconfigured, last contact 17731505h 46m ago

There is one thing to know, all nodes on the same LAN share the ingress. So if you spin up more they grow up more slowly. Eventualy never becomming profitable. (exept they are all running anyway)
Or am i out to date? @Alexey

For further nodes you can/should/must reuse ip/dns payout adress and email.

You need new
:drive, cpu core, port, bandwidh, and singed identity.

Its time for the second when the first hits the 80 to 95% full of data. Or struggles with filesystem.

2 Likes

You are correct, all nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs shares the ingress traffic, as if it was only one big node.
I’m not sure why do you think that they become unreliable in time.

My bad, profitable
was the right word i meant.

tl:dr:
If your nodes never grow past the point to cover their electricity useage because you started to much nodes at the same time.

Let’s say start with 10 separated storage drives exclusively for storj instead of one. they need at (20GB) a day (2gb per node/day= 500 days to get 1TB per node. 1 node alone would have grown to 10TB in the same time (deletions not included)

1 Like

I must admit that it’s all quite complicated, even though it seems simple on the surface. Maybe it’s because I have to translate everything from English to Polish. I’ve tried to calculate the possible profit from this 15 TB and the costs, but I get ambiguities, I understand that it comes out differently for everyone. Currently, I have 15 TB of transfer speed at 300/75 Mbps. Today I had an unpleasant incident, I had a blackout with power for 3 hours, I have to think about the UPS battery.

It’s very nice that you all offer professional help without arguing (nowadays it’s rare to find a forum without trolling). I’m glad I came here, it’s really a pure coincidence, I was looking for an alternative to passive income money, Storj seems to be very reliable and in my perception is the leader of the distributed cloud (unless I’m wrong). Only this calculation of possible profits is terribly vague and complicated, but… I’ll learn that with time

This is more a hobby in the first 2 years. After that, you can expect ~15€/M.
Not a way to get rich quick.
In the first year it may cover the electricity.
Never the price of an complete PC+UPS at the beginning, or more than the drive alone.

Mind to tell about your setup?

Wich earning estimator did you use? they are all third party and maybe outdated.

this won’t get better. Its customer behavior, and number of all nodes driven. its Unpredictable alone and even more with the token price.

1 Like