I have done some test here but it’s really disappointing

I have done some test here but it’s really disappointing.

My environment:
1 TB storage, internet 200mb up/dw.

I have a lot of free space and is only using like 10% of my bandwidth.

:frowning:

Hello @isslerman ,
Welcome to the forum!

The usage depends on the customers’ usage, not hardware. You can run node even on the router: Running node on OpenWRT router?
The internet speed is matter not in general but between your node and the customer.

Each new node must be vetted. The vetting node can receive only 5% of the customers’ uploads until got vetted. To be vetted on one satellite the node should pass 100 audits from it.
For the one node in the /24 subnet of public IPs it should take at least a month.
If you have more than one vetting node in the /24 subnet of public IPs - the vetting process could take in the same amount of times longer as a number of such nodes.

The vetting progress you can see with this Community Earnings calculator (Update 2021-12-08: v10.4.0 - Detailed earnings info and health status of your node, including vetting progress)

The Realistic earnings estimator is a good resource to get an estimation depending on age. It’s updated to use the current Community stat.

6 Likes

Well, after using the forum to vent, you didn’t even care enough to come back and check for any replies - that’s why they use the vetting system to filter SNOs that just do not care :slight_smile:

3 Likes