I stop everything, too disappointed

With 6 nods totaling 48TO I will perform a graceful exit. it really has become anything the payments to expect. make the nodes turn 24 hours a day so that storj makes money and we have to wait there but the storj them are always paid by their customers and moreover, I see that the project really has not taken since its launch. I prefer to stop even if it was a good experience for the past 21 months. i find that we are not paying enough for the work we provide for storj. they do not realize to what extent that if all the people stop their storj knots end up with their backs to the wall. awaken storj, we are the spine. good continuation, what a waste of time and money because our neoud just covers the costs of electricity and material wear.
Without hard feelings.

2 Likes

Ok, bye.

20 Characters

11 Likes

This amount of data should net you around $180 per month. Why GE?

ce mois ci rien reçu et le dernier mois reçu juste une petite partie des paiements que je devais avoir. en sachant le problème des frais que rencontre storj pour les paiements a cause des frais de transaction élevés. de plus aucune info de suite et si les frais continuent d augmenter donc pas de paiement encore. quand je travaille mon patron paie moi même si ses charges augmente. ce n est pas mon problème, je fournis un travail et je veux être payé. chaque noeud rapporte entre 24 et 30 par mois en moyenne mais en regardant de plus près, le paiement pour le travail fourni n’en vaut pas la peine. faire tourner des machines 24 heures sur 24 avec tous les frais que cela entraîne ( électricité, usure de la machine sans compter le stress qu’un disque tombe en panne et perdre tout ( retenu : 300 $)
Apres dire qu’il faut utilisé du matériel deja disponible et ne surtout pas acheter juste pour storj c’est être hypocrite de leur part, car je connais personne qui utilise un disque dur 8TO car pour mois c’est le minimum pour avoir un petit bénéfice en fournissant nos noeuds. la plus part achète des disques pour leurs noeuds sinon ce n’est pas avec l’espace non utilisé de nos disque que l’on peut avoir du benefice.

That is a nice story, but it doesn’t add up. If you have 6 nodes making $24-30 you would have gotten paid both months. So… either you don’t or you’re breaking ToS by using different payout addresses for different nodes you manage and you’re shooting yourself in the foot by doing that. That would be trivial to fix by just using the same payout address on all.

What is more than abundantly clear though is that this

Doesn’t provide you the leverage that you think it does. There are plenty of SNOs with more than enough nodes who will gladly take over the in the grand scheme of things insignificant amount of data from any graceful exits you may or may not have started.

You especially had many better options if you were telling the truth. We could have made some suggestions if you tried being constructive first, instead of posting this. So yeah, bye!
We’ll take good care of the data you leave behind!

3 Likes

Bye Bye!
20 characters

4 Likes

I think he probably meant that he has 48TB available, I can’t see how he could have filled that much data in just under 2 years (unless multiple /24s, I guess)
I have around 50TB at home in 4 nodes and I don’t think I’ll ever fill them up :wink:

6 Likes

I only have 3 nodes but I get over 110 $ every month so your storry does not seem true

3 Likes

$24-30 sounds right for a 8TB node, so if he really used separate wallets on each node it adds up just fine.

2 Likes

my free 80TB waiting the data will come :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think you are one of the biggest SNOs around here xD
Do you have some actual stats of your nodes?^^
How much data you store, how much egress/ingress do you have?^^

1 Like

well lets be fair here… being a SNO is far from a lucrative deal…
so lets say what he is saying is that he has 64TB stored, and lets just for simplicity say that is 8 x 8 TB nodes…

so his nodes will basically be full, if they all have been on their own separate ip address, because of all the test data, still keeping nodes running can be a lot of work, especially depending on what type of setup one is dealing with and what kind of hardware one has…

all in all the hourly rates if one clocks in and out of working as a SNO is terrible, and he doesn’t say he didn’t get his payments, or thats not how i understand it… he said that it wasn’t why he is qutting…
he simply thinks the work isn’t worth the payout.

so at lets say the nice rate of 4$ pr tb then he would get 252$ paid a month
not an insignificant amount… but still not many hours of work especially depending on what country one lives in, and one does have to be rather dedicate to being a SNO for that amount.
lot of things to keep track of most of the time.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just because I have a relatively small home setup but I don’t see how running a handful of nodes can be that much hard work.
By and large they all “just work” once you’ve set them up, I have rarely had problems and when I did they were mostly my own stupid fault…

5 Likes

It also adds up to breaking ToS and shooting yourself in the foot. That would have been such an easy fix.

It would also have required separate IP’s for all those nodes.

I have my other reasons for doubting this story. This user has been around for a while and doesn’t exactly strike me as the kind of person who would launch and manage 6 separate nodes on separate IP’s. I’ll just leave it at that. I could be wrong.

2 Likes

well if you know a more lucrative way to make money with HDD space, please tellme :smiley:

Otherwise I see no point in leaving storj… I mean, what is he going to do with all that empty HDD space now?
But everything has been said, this story is a bit fishy and doesn’t quite add up… but whatever. Not keeping anyone here against his will :smiley:

5 Likes

oh i’m not going anywhere, i think it’s mostly down to scale… more or less the same work for multiple nodes as it is for a few.
and yes from a individual hdd and its earnings pr tb, is quite good…
just that there will always end up being work involved, so it has to overlap with what one is doing.
maybe in the future the nodes will be even less work… ofc me jumping into proxmox, zfs and storj pretty much at the same time didn’t really cut down my workload.
but my hope was that it would lessen the work involved long term instead.

no doubt about it, most of my suffering with storj have been self induced, and i can imagine some people with hardware issue long term that might really feel the suffering.
like say trying to run storagenodes on a system that seems stable but really isn’t and has bad memory or other underlying hardware issues that result in storagenode aberrations.

Keep Calm
    and
Keep Storjing :D

these eth transaction fees must also have gotten some people pretty annoyed and then looking at the 12x rise in value of eth over the last few months might not exactly lighten peoples mood.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we waste more time posting at this forum than it takes to manage storj nodes. Being a SNO may not be stupid profitable like gpu mining at certain times, but it’s doesn’t make it any less of a fair deal.

6 Likes

work is and always will remain work…
oh i duno, i have spent a lot of time on getting all my gear to work… but i suppose it’s also not fair to storj that way because, what i’m learning i plan to utilize for other projects…

so doing a lot of stuff the right way rather than just slapping in an extra hdd and installing a node on it.
which i’m sure is quite alright so long as everything is running well.

2 Likes

Definitely, though I wouldn’t use the word waste. :slight_smile:
Managing my nodes basically takes no time at all. Most of the time I have to spend on that is because I was playing around with stuff and broke something myself. But in general it’s set it and forget it.

I find this a very interesting project though, so I’m happy to spend my free time building and maintaining tools to keep track of things. And contributing on the forums to interesting discussions.

Be honest though, what % of that time was spent because you also broke it yourself? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hi, somethink I still dont understand about the new payout system…

I make about 30$ a month, and still didnt get december + january payout. I guess I will get those in march…
But I was wondering, someone making 5$ a month, that means he will get paid only after at least a year or a year and half… Until he reaches more than 70$ of working. Let you imagine for someone making 2$ a month. He will never get paid…

4 Likes