Ice Storm - 2wk no power - node suspended

OK, I’m back online after 2wks of no electricity in Oregon. Thank you father winter.

My port-forwarding looks like it’s all re-plumbed after all new IPs (UptimeRobot is green). Is there a process to 'unsuspend" a node? There’s quite a bit of space hosted that I’d like to get back on the network.

I’m seeing

Storage Node Dashboard ( Node Version: v1.22.2 )

======================

ID     xxxxx
Status ONLINE
Uptime 22m42s

Available         Used       Egress      Ingress
     Bandwidth           N/A     75.73 GB     13.78 GB     61.96 GB (since Feb 1)
          Disk       2.20 TB      0.80 TB
Internal 127.0.0.1:7778
External [hostname]:28967

and this in the logs…

2021-02-26T17:34:44.203Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {"Satellite ID": "121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6", "attempts": 11, "error": "ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 147AbCnGCJnhWJcsFSBfhwPDmJT6fras2QHCsJPrGBfex6SDv5) at address lithos.space-to-rent.com:28967: rpc: dial tcp 73.25.200.80:28967: connect: connection refused", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 147AbCnGCJnhWJcsFSBfhwPDmJT6fras2QHCsJPrGBfex6SDv5) at address lithos.space-to-rent.com:28967: rpc: dial tcp 73.25.200.80:28967: connect: connection refused\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

Any tips?

Looks like the port is open. Does the online dashboard show that you’re suspended on all satellites?

Please, make sure that your firewall doesn’t block the outgoing traffic (it should allow any traffic to any destination).

Based on my understanding of this platform, that amount of downtime continuously is going to put you well into the suspended threshold. Meaning at that point, they have to repair all of the data on your node to other nodes, and at that point your basically starting from scratch.

Unfortunately, this is a risk of running ‘production’ grade services in a home setting.

The good news is, since you didn’t actually drop off permanately you can regain your status and keep your node going and get your held funds hopefully.

1 Like