Idrive.com Fast S3 Compatible Storage

Seems to be dead cheap these days:

1 Like

Lots and lots of issues reported on social media.

Should be lots and lots of new customers for Storj then… :grin:

I’m so pissed, I have to vent.

On one of the forums I moderate, iDrive shills in every single discussion that says anything remotely negative about the company or experience. And there are plenty of those threads, as you can imagine :slight_smile:

Today it was most blatant: freshly registered account, wrote generic message in the spirit of “I manage a lot of media data, and iDrive worked perfectly for me, they have many more data centers than Backblaze and wasabi, etc etc”.

Already very suspect. Who registers new account just to spew this bullshit about some third party company?

idrive, that’s who: posted from the same IP address as their official “iDrive” account. They don’t even try to hide. Or are just incompetent across the board, not just in providing storage.

Obviously, they gave up on a hope of improving quality and now do damage control like a bunch of toddlers.

What the fuck, iDrive?

Nobody shall be using services from such an unethical trash company. Nobody.

1 Like

I don’t mean to stir the pot: as I’ve never tried them myself. But plenty of normies are going to read stuff like this and fork out their cash. If they’re getting press attention for their normal backup offering, and are moving into S3 (and have a free tier) then one day Storj may have to take notice.

Cloud storage is certainly a cutthroat market!

1 Like

You’re giving them too much credit. They never really tried offering a decent service. They don’t even attempt to look too professional, as this would attract more attention.

2 Likes

Yes, I would have seen that article and probably taken the plunge.

What is it that makes iDrive that bad, though?

They basically try to save on everything (except marketing, I guess?). Support is poor, service is periodically slow and timeouts, plus they seem to be losing more data than other services.