I'm getting a lot of Upload Canceled and Deleted messages! IS IT BAD?

Hello.
The thing is, I’ve built my first node a day ago, without Docker or any other software.
Checking the logs in PowerShell console on W10 I can see that half of the Upload Started messages are followed by a Upload Canceled message.

Is it bad? Because it doesn’t look good to have so many Upload Canceled and a few Deleted.
I’ve read some posts saying its normal, but I didnt see anyone who also had Deleted messages? I’m sorry if i’m repeating the questions.

cancelled uploads is normal, most of them are not cancelled they just get logged like it…
i’ve also seen a big deletion set today… so nothing to worry about… business as usual.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Then I’m more calmed now knowing it’s totally normal.

Your welcome.

it can be a good idea to keep an eye on the audits, with something like the successrate.sh script or windows equivalent, failing audits is a node killer, because to the satellites it looks like lost or corrupt data…

You do not need to. The Audits score is now right on your dashboard.

yeah, but aren’t those over extended periods… afaik failing audits can kill a node in like 6-48hours

so if the audit score is over a week or two weeks then a drop of just a 10% or less basically means you node might already be dead… also it doesn’t show on the dashboard without one actually checks each satellite which i also believe is a poor choice…

it should be easily viewed every time one looks at the dashboard and it should represent a brief and current period of the over all satellites…

maybe i should take this to the suggestions and ideas :smiley:
to be fair i don’t know how the audit score even works lol which is why i don’t really trust it… i’ve been told it was over the life time of the node… tho that may be uptime…

No, developers replaced the audit checks with audit score a two or three versions ago. But still in percentage. Release v1.3.3 · storj/storj · GitHub

• web/storagenode: audit checks depending on score

However, it’s better than lifetime checks anyway.
You can check with API: Storage node dashboard API (v1.3.3) like this:

i tried looking at that when you first posted it… tried running the bash command but i might not have done that from a bash script which might be why it didn’t work…

so i just left it there… ill give it another look

and i don’t see how that helps somebody monitoring their node through the dashboard only… i mean most people will not end up wanting to look at all this voodoo that we get into :smiley:

why not?
If you want an extended monitoring, then I would like to suggest you to take a look on one of these solutions: Topics tagged monitoring