Increase Tardigrade sales force

Have you ever thought to turn your node operators into your sales force?

Just an idea: What if every node operator would get a number of discount codes that he can pass to friends and family or advertise them on the internet to get users to try out Tardigrade?
I really have no idea if this is feasible or how this can be done but having a sales force of thousands and thousands of node operators sounds like an interesting concept to me.

1 Like

And what should your friends try? A CLI? good luck with that…
I think right now the only “real” customers are corportations and geeks/devs

I think we need to wait for some good products building on top of STORJ before you can present anything to your friends.

2 Likes

It really depends. If a node operator knows some devs who are fine with a CLI, why not advertising to them? Maybe it is exactly this developer who builds a nice solution for more end users.

1 Like

well definitely. “Friends and family” however doesn’t sound like advertisment to developers :smiley: I would assume most people on this forum can be considered the dev part of “Friends and family” xD

I think SNOs tend to be fairly technical people to begin with, who also collected some similarly technical friends around them. It might not be useful to everyone, but I would probably hand out a few codes.

1 Like

I guess this concept could be applied for “hiring” new SNOs too… Right now, there are no referee program for inviting new SNOs. Maybe that could be usedul too.

1 Like

I will bring this suggestion to the internal team and tell you what they say!

1 Like