Increasing available disk space

Hello. Ive got my first node online and while configuring it I was a bit conservative with disk space. I started with 2TB and would like to increase this to 5TB. I have the space available in the current storj share. Is there a quick way to reconfigure how much space im sharing?

Thank you!

Hi @HeathTechSol
Assuming you already have enough free space on the disk in use…

If you run docker then you can update the ‘storage’ amount in the docker run command:

-e STORAGE="2TB" \ to -e STORAGE="5TB" \

If you run Windows then you can edit the config.yaml file (default location is C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node) in Notepad++:

storage.allocated-disk-space: 2.0 TB

to

storage.allocated-disk-space: 5.0 TB

Then in both cases stop and start the storage node for the new value to take effect.

2 Likes

Thats what I was looking for, thank you. The space is available. Thank you again for clarifying!

2 Likes

What would be the complete docker command line for this?

I can’t answer without knowing your existing docker command. You should just need to edit the STORAGE variable.

1 Like

I have done that and rebooted and still hasn’t increased.

Can you share the docker command you used?

1 Like

I did that and then restarted the docker and still doesn’t seem to pick up the change.

Are you restarting docker or the container? If container - with what command ?

If you changed the STORAGE variable, you need to stop an remove the container and run it back with all your parameters, include changed ones.
This is applied even if you use some kind of GUI, not CLI. Changes in variables are applied only for the new container.

3 Likes