IPv6 node no longer working

You mean something like i6tunnel?

I was thinking something like a VPN tunnel (openVPN comes to mind) between your local node and the cloud server (VPS). Your VPS would be your outward facing ipv4 address, and the traffic could be tunneled via VPN to your node. I am no expert in network technologies though, so perhaps there is a more elegant solution.

What I do know for sure is that running your node on one machine and storing the data on another via NFS will kill your node eventually. If you search for NFS in the forum, you will see the problems. This would be the case over LAN, so it’s not just because of the remote nature of the setup. But the risk of corruption is even greater if your home WAN connection goes down in the middle of an operation.

1 Like

Hmm. Actually I am a bit conerned about this solution. A permanent VPN connection between the public server and my local node? I dont think that this is a good idea.

I think I will leave everythink like this just for testing. I want to see first, if it is worth it.

When it is worth it, I think I will try to connect an iSCSI device instead of NFS or I will tunnel just the Storj Port from ipv4 to ipv6 via iptables or via i6tunnel

Hello,

Did you find a solution to the problem?

I just posted an idea in the forum, now I have the same problem and it is happening to more and more people.

I would appreciate if you could comment on the thread.

Thanks

google cloud run ipv6 at 12.2022

Hello @nokiafe1,
Welcome to the forum!

So you need to have a dual stack to have connections from the customers. You may have IPv6 connections mostly from our gateways (they are dual stack). At the moment having at least IPv4 is mandatory for nodes.