Is it a good move to install linux on a encrypted LVM?

Can I install my linux on a encrypted LVM? Will it have any consequences while operating the node? I plan to install my linux Debian stretch on a SSD. And store my data on the other HDD.

I thought it would be a good decision to install the latest version of the Debain OS. That was the only reason to install Buster. All the update and shit. I already downloaded its iso file via torrent, so i think I am gonna go for Buster. Please comment down why I shouldn’t install Buster.

And the other question is that, how do I install the host package for Debian via external HDD which of course uses exfat file format system which is available on DVD 2 and DVD 3 iso file type?

I don’t know if its a coincidence but it had been two times since my google account has been hacked and the last time it had been hacked I was running linux on a sandbox. So I thought it would be better to encrypt at least the SSD to increase the security.

I am planning to run my node on Debain buster. I have intel core 2 duo processor on a 4 GB RAM. And 256 GB SSD where I will install the OS and 2 TB HDD where I will store the data for Storj.

Sorry, I was confused about the OS versions.