Is it possible to use vpngate?

I’m studying VPN because I need to use a VPN. I’m considering portmap.io, which can be used for free. Personally, it’s a bit difficult to set up, so someone I know recommended VPNgate(openvpn), so I’m wondering if it’s possible to use it… I’m not sure, but I don’t think it supports port forwarding. Has anyone had success? If that doesn’t work, I’m thinking of trying portmap.io. As with anything, it’s not easy. :slight_smile:

If VPNGate doesn’t support port-forwarding… then it won’t work with Storj.

But any of the common commercial offerings should work (example: but I haven’t tried Ivacy)

2 Likes

Or just search for Oracle and Wireguard.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll have to study Wireguard at this point. Thank you!

Lastly, I would like to consider a commercial VPN service. thank you!

Hello,
In use port map too. Mainly because my provider only has cgnat and it’s impossible for me to get a public IP address.
I have openvpn installed on my Linux systems and (almost) no problems with it.

Did you use vpngate??

No, I use openvpn

20 Characters

Ah, OPENVPN is the service name. Thank you!

Are you really bound to use this ISP? Or can you switch, and get your own IP? Makes things really now convenient.

1 Like

Yes I am bound to this ISP.
I have glass fiber now with 300mbit/s and this is the only one. There I pay like 45€ for this.
The other one has only 50 mit/s and costs like 55€.
So no way I’m changing the isp

And the other thing is, that the isp with the 50 mbit/s don’t support ipv6 which I need. So I have to make a 6in4 tunnel again. (Thanks he.net for the free service)