Is port 28967 the only one?

So here’s my question:
I am currently running 4 nodes on one machine. I have forwarded the Public ports 28961-28964 to Internal port 28967 on nodes 1-4 respectively.

For a variety of reasons I’ve had a second broadband line installed to act as fail safe.
Obviously, with two IPs on different /24 subnets I thought I could have two nodes on each line.

If I set my router to route ports 28961 and 28962 through WAN1 and 28963 and 28964 through WAN2 will it work? Are these ports the only ones used by all the uploading and downloading clients or are they just control ports to “talk” to the satellites?

Thank you in advance for any words of wisdom :blush:

Sattelite also use this ports to connect. dont forget UDP also

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I understand the satellites use those ports, but what ports do the clients that upload and download pieces use? Are they the same? :slight_smile:

OK, so that option isn’t really going anywhere after some experimenting.

Instead I connected a second LAN port on my machine and I now have 2 IPs. One IP will be routed to the primary connection and the other will be routed to the second.

Is there any way for me to bind the docker instance to only one IP address?

You may add an local IP address to the port mapping, like

-p 192.168.1.10:28967:28967/tcp \
-p 192.168.1.10:28967:28967/udp \

By the way, you may use the same ports for the other WAN, since they will not interfere with the first one by external IP. And they also doesn’t interfere with another node on another local IP.

Thank you, all set up and traffic routed across both WANs
Will be interesting to see if the traffic increases over the next few days :slight_smile: