Is there any HTTP REST API for Tardigrade

Hi
I am able to list/download/upload/delete the objects using uplink golang cli

However, I am also interested to access them without installing golang & all that. For that, I need an HTTP REST API so that I can send request & receive response.
But I am unable to find any such API
Please help

Thanks

The REST api is the S3 gateway which you can host yourself.

1 Like

Hi @Erikvv
If you could please share some resource/documentation/URL etc to do that, it would be further helpful for me.
(Since I am somewhat newbie for this, that’s why)
Thanks a lot in advance!

https://documentation.tardigrade.io/api-reference/s3-gateway

1 Like

Thanks
But, this seems to be asking to install an S3 gateway binary.
Would try this once
Thanks again

Hi
It works if I use any S3 library like AWS-SDK-Go or Minio-Go to perform operations from a Golang file

However, I am still unable to figure out the HTTP GET request header to do the same,
for example

some_URL?api_key=<some_api_key>&secret_key=<some_key>&passphrase=<some_password>&list_buckets=true

(something like that)

Please help
Thanks

There is no out-of-the-box HTTP-API available. That is due to the fact that there is more to be done for a secure decentralized cloud storage like Storj/Tardigrade is. If there would be such a service, you would have to provide your credentials and effectively trust that service. So the only way to achieve this (as far as I know) is to implement your own “gateway” that accepts your HTTP-requests and converts it into “uplink-commands”.
I’m not sure if Minio or other S3-compatible gateways could handle this, though. But “the network” itself does not provide HTTP-APIs for file upload/download and such.