Is there Anyone develop a wordpress plug-in?

I wish some one can develop a plug-in for Wordpress.

I also would love to see a Wordpress plugin, especially considering how widespread the adoption of WP still is… hmm…

Not just Wordpress:

Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, Typo3

I guess these are the main players.

Would be a another nice community project.

I agree , it would be. Maybe a community hackathon is in order?

I believe a ‘hackathon’ around Storj DCS is really needed. Maybe with a bounty in Storj for the best outcomes.

I’m open to this! The timing is sure perfect for such an adventure

1 Like

Just found that for Joomla: JA Amazon S3, by JoomlArt - Joomla Extension Directory

Maybe to hit them up for Storj Development?

That type of plugin usually need a lot of maintenance to keep up with Wordpress updates and make sure there is nothing breaking. The results of a hackaton are often short lived and rarely maintained, so I’m not sure it would be the right solution.

Storj already has a S3 gateway, and Wordpress (and other platforms) already have multiple S3 plugins, why not just write up the documentation to connect them together? I believe the documentation to set up the S3 gateway is already up, so the only thing missing is the documentation to point a Wordpress plugin to that gateway.

See this : How to Get MinIO and Other S3-Compatible Storage Providers to Work with WP Offload Media

4 Likes

This:

If there’s any other storage providers, or tasks you’d like me to try and accomplish with WP Offload Media’s filters, let me know, I’m always up for a challenge!

Seems like a person Storj should talk to and could result in a nice article about Storj DCS.

The question is, if such things could be done as community work, including maintenance, maybe incentivized by Storj.

1 Like

Awesome! I found this doc that may be handy and am down for a community hack here. https://docs.storj.io/dcs/how-tos/host-a-static-website/host-a-static-website-with-the-cli-and-linksharing-service

1 Like

Does it use Storj DCS as a backend?
I did not found any information about this. In such a case your post just a promotion of unrelated product.