ISP Compatibility Tracker

Current ISP:

Country ISP Allow TCP Limited Bandwidth Fixed / Dynamic IP Comments
USA MetroNet Yes Unlimited 1Gbps up/down Fixed (Static) Had to request a static IP upon installation

Old ISP:

Country ISP Allow TCP Limited Bandwidth Fixed / Dynamic IP Comments
USA Spectrum Yes Unlimited 200Mbps down/20Mbps up Dynamic IP (I think, although I just used a DDNS service) No problem
1 Like

ISP: Telus Fiber
Allow TCP redirect for storj port on router: Maybe, I am using my own pfSense router and have bypassed the ISP one.
Limited Bandwidth: Unlimited
Fixed /dynamic IP: Dynamic for home users
Comments:
I have 750/750 and hated the restricted modem you get. After a little research I just setup a vlan on my switch and now I’m pulling 3 public IPs. One for the TVs on the old crappy modem, one for my network, and one for a storj host with a pfSense firewall.

1 Like

I made the first post a wiki, so you will not be limited with number of edits and/or time frame

2 Likes

Germany, Vodafone Cable, Yes, Unlimited, CGNAT but Dynamic IP with bridge mode using own router, No problems

ISP: Bell Canada FTTH
Allow TCP Port Forwarding: Yes
Limited Bandwidth: Unlimited (Plan Dependent)
Fixed / Dynamic IP: Dynamic
Comments: 1000/750 Service. Have used up to 2TB of data/month with no issues or slowdowns.

Germany, EWETEL, Port forwarding yes, Unlimited, Dynamic IP, no problems :ok_hand:

Thank you!
Can anyone edit it or just me?

I can edit it too, so probably anyone?

1 Like

Ok so that’s good! :slight_smile:
Other SNO will be able to share their own experience very easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would think only “Regulars” and above can edit.

1 Like

So anyone with trust level from Basic
2 Likes

Sorry to necro, but I did update the original post with an update to Xfinity’s Unlimited Data extra charge (though I did note that it can vary based on where you live). I also recommend not using their xFi complete package as the integrated “advanced security” can cause problems.

2 Likes

Italy

ISP: TIM aka Telecom Italia (Private Customer)
Type: GPON FTTH 1000/300 mbps. Unlimited & Unmetered
PF: Yes
IP: Dynamic (Static only for Business)

2 Likes

Just updated the Wiki.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like