Issue in setting up a node

Hi folks!

This is my first post, sorry for my poor english.

I’have trouble in setting up my storagenode on a QNAP TS-431P3.

This is the error log:

2022-02-09T17:25:32.649Z INFO bandwidth Performing bandwidth usage rollups
2022-02-09T17:25:35.811Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12ZCre5aR6Sd3VM5EsyFPWoXTtFPzf755mck6TuXrLB5v9CdArG) at address xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: rpc: dial tcp xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: connect: no route to host”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 12ZCre5aR6Sd3VM5EsyFPWoXTtFPzf755mck6TuXrLB5v9CdArG) at address xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: rpc: dial tcp xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: connect: no route to host\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Portforwarding in my Miktrotik router it’s okay and points directly on the nas local ip.

I’can’t also view dashboard in my browser.

Your help will very appreciated.

Stefano

can you make screen from your mikrotik rooles?

if you cant see dashmoard, may be NAS firwal need to be opened?

Looks like a port or firewall issue.

Have you verified with a port checker hat the port is open?

Can you share your run command and have you modified the config.yaml?

• this, too. :+1:t2:

I use another container (transmission, etc) evrything work well and ports are open.

I didn’t touch config.yaml.

I run this via ssh:

docker run -d --privileged --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0x97F67D5103148"
-e EMAIL="s
4@gmail.com"
-e ADDRESS="
..**:28967”
-e STORAGE=“7.5TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/share/storj-openfiber/storagenode/identity",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/share/storj-openfiber/data",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest --operator.wallet-features=zksync

and I’had previously run:

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true”
–mount type=bind,source="/share/storj-openfiber/storagenode/identity",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/share/storj-openfiber/data",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Thanks

P.s.:

The upstairs error was generated when i tried run node in container station.

Via ssh the log error is:

ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:136\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Ok in router you shown NAT, does you opened port in Filter Rules?
Also check that in Nat action your NAS ip is written without error, also port.

1 Like

My Filter Rules page, I added port 28967. I hope in the right way.

Checking the logs I realized that container’s time is in UTC and NAS in UTC+1.

Maybe incorrect time make problems with certification?

Thank you

it looks like that trafic is mooving to you. Also check NTP setting, as i remember, timezone is not so relevant, but if you have some wrong time, this is critical.

I don’t know why mikrotik says there are Bytes ( 164 Gb ) that the node has never been up!

The port is open and mikrotik configured like for another services that works.

Time is correct, apart from utc missconfiguration

If i use external ports checker i see closed.

Closed, too, when the node is up? I have seen it closed as long as the node is shutdown. But well, this won’t fix your routing issue.

Port checker says the 28967 it’s always closed…

I rebuild a new node, new identity… the error log is the same:

2022-02-10T17:40:36.138Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 8, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1CLC91ZtoSpz3Rx63oBqh8y5uqs6ycr1xjo8RP22BMY1rmLE8P) at address xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: rpc: dial tcp xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: i/o timeout”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1CLC91ZtoSpz3Rx63oBqh8y5uqs6ycr1xjo8RP22BMY1rmLE8P) at address xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: rpc: dial tcp xxx.xxx.xx.x:28967: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

now i’ll try with another gateway and pubblic ip (i have two isp)… i’ll update you.

thanks for a while

p.s.:

bah…two years ago i have built two storagenode on x86 machine, same isp, same router, same ports configuration… bah! Now on qnap i have this issues… maybe I’ve being too old

p.p.s.:

I tryed chanching isp, (different router and pubblic ip).

Same error.

I think that the issue is on qnap miss configuration for containers. My perplexity is that on the same qnap (another container) i run a transmission container and relative port and evreything work!

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I think in the forward rule you should specify the destination address of your QNAP, but since it’s a filter - it should be doesn’t matter.
But you also should configure firewall on your QNAP to accept connections to TCP+UDP 28967