June 25: All nodes should update to v0.14.11

Update your nodes

Version: 0.14.11

The 0.14.3 is a typo in the email

4 Likes

I just say: I love watchtower! It did all my upgrade job in few sec. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What setup are you using for watchtower? I tried it but it doesn’t appear to be working for me. Thanks. I’m on a Synology NAS if that matters.

is it possible to add a link to the changelog of v0.14.3 or just add it to the post for people who dont get a email or something?

^ @littleskunk is it possible to add a

@ryan
It’s another docker container you run. Where you are running docker add the watchtower there.

There is a blog post about on how to add watchtower. Can’t recall when I added mine.

$ docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower

Automatic Update Instructions

Changelog

Storage node

• The old reputation system tracked audits and uptime checks for the entire lifetime of a storage node. This didn’t allow us to disqualify nodes quickly enough, nor did it allow nodes to recover from a bad period in their history. The new reputation system gives recent events like audits and uptime checks a higher value in order to represent a more accurate reputation for the node. https://github.com/storj/storj/blob/master/docs/design/node-selection.md
  • The node disqualification system has been updated to use the new reputation model.
    This means a disqualified storage node can’t get qualified again, even if its reputation goes above our threshold. Disqualified storage nodes won’t get paid and won’t get selected for uploads or downloads. https://github.com/storj/storj/blob/master/docs/design/disqualification.md
  • We added signed vouchers from satellites to storage nodes, this will be used in the future so that storage nodes trust each other. The vouchers have an expiration date, and if a node gets disqualified the satellite will no longer renew that voucher. ttps://github.com/storj/storj/blob/master/docs/design/kademlia_audit_gating.md
  • We fixed an edge case with our audit service. There was a small chance the audit service would select a segment while the customer was deleting the file. In this case, the audit would fail. The auditor will now check to see if the segment was deleted before counting it as an audit failure.
  • We fixed a bug that was causing orders to not be accepted properly because of a data wipe. We restored the database from a backup on US-Central-1 and Asia-East-1 Satellites. The fix involved the Satellite rejecting “invalid” orders so the valid ones can be processed.
  • We deleted all buckets and files from Tardigrade Satellites(US-Central-1, Europe-West-1, Asia-East-1). When the Storage Node is updated it will delete the data from those three Satellites. The data on Europe-Central-1 wasn’t touched.

Satellite

• We added IP filtering in our node selection process so operators who are running multiple nodes aren’t incentivized based on that criteria.
  • We renamed the Tardigrade Satellites from Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn to US-Central-1, Europe-West-1, Asia-East-1. This new naming convention will make it easier for clients to choose which satellite best suits them based on location.

Uplink

• All uplinks are REQUIRED to update their binaries to the latest version to avoid compatibility issues.
  • We wiped all of the client’s data on the Tardigrade Satellites.
  • We completed the C bindings for the libuplink library.
2 Likes

Thanks! Turns out my Watchtower docker image had not started in some time and was out of date. I’ve pulled the latest and implemented this for updates moving forward. I’ve also documented this all so that I can verify it next time. Appreciate your time on this.

1 Like

Thanks, I had it installed but somewhere along the line it stopped and was an older version. I updated it and then reimplemented it to update storj so hopefully next time this will all work seamlessly.

I using it on Debian/Ubuntu Server LTS, but it doesn’t matter, watchtower is just docker container and will work on any docker host (synology too).
Also my watchtower setup is unusual, I use email alerting (when update is coming I got email).

1 Like

Please share on how you are getting email alerts on the update! That seems very useful.
Are you using SMTP?

I created another topic about watchtower and post my configuration here.

I should try this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got another email asking me to update to 0.14.3 tonight. I’m on 0.14.11.

I’ve done the manual update (stop storagenode, rm and then pull /storjlabs/storagenode:alpha) as well as install the watchtower container using the script in this thread, however the node still shows as running 0.14.11. Any ideas?

Contacted support, and they said the email had a typo, apparently v0.14.11 is the latest version.
Can anybody confirm?

1 Like

It is, the changelog in the email is the same as the one published here for v0.14.11 as well.

I would say if you got that message from storj support you don’t need further confirmation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I was worried for a second there. :slight_smile: I just setup the watchtower automatic update and it went from 0.14.3 to 0.14.11 so I was panicking loll :stuck_out_tongue: