Just had 7 hours of downtime. 4 hours yesterday

I could assume that you uses a some kind of RAID and datacenter-like setup.
I can share my experience.
My Raspberry Pi3B+ working fine for 20 months. Yes, it is with expansion card from Geekworm and in their box. It has only one HDD. Yes, it’s USB. It doesn’t have any UPS. It’s living in the sofa in a guestroom.
I have flashed the SD two times - first time when I assembled it and the second time a few months ago (I used SD for swap, it’s was a nice experiment, but something goes wrong and it stopped to boot. The downtime was about a half of hour, because it’s worked when I noticed that I can’t run any new command and it was not boot after reboot).

My Windows docker node working fine for 14 months. The Windows host just a Windows 10 Pro with Hyper-V. The host has UPS.
The downtime is happened a few times after upgrade the docker desktop from 2.1.0.5 to the latest version and I rolled it back. There is no problems after that. This node uses one HDD too.

My Windows GUI node working fine for 15 months (it’s started as a docker node and then transformed to the GUI when it’s become available). It doesn’t have any significant downtime which I can remember.
Perhaps only when the host was physically moved from the one location to the other ~2-3h a two years ago.
This node uses one HDD too. The host is the same as a docker node.

1 Like