Just heard of Opacity the first time

https://www.opacity.io/

From their whitepaper:

The initial release of the Opacity network is through Amazon’s AWS system. Through 2019
and 2020, the team will actively seek additional partners for the distribution of the storage
capabilities across multiple cloud storage providers for maximum security and elimination
of any possible points of failure or jurisdiction requests of storage clients.

Their Git shows a repo storage-node but I could not find any further information about their storage network. So I am assuming they are still storing files on AWS.

Wouldn’t Storj be the perfect storage partner (Maybe one of several like it’s the case with Filebase) instead of building their own network of storage nodes? @jocelyn @keleffew

5 Likes

They seem to have made their choice: Reddit - Dive into anything

Sia Integration - Sia backend integration is tested and working. We are enabling integration with the app along with adding a new plan that will include Sia exclusively.

According to this link: Reddit - Dive into anything they have been storing on AWS S3 so far. So a switch to Storj may have been a realistic option.

@bre @sorendanielson @keleffew

As I understand it, that project is not fully decentralized yet, but they decided to use Sia in the future but as it seems as separate plan a customer can choose.

So there would be 2 integration options with Storj: Either as separate plan and the customer chooses between Storj plan and Sia plan similar to storage selection on Filebase.
Or to suggest to them to simply switch from AWS S3 to S3 compatible Storj DCS. As Storj advertises this would not require big code changes, it should be more economical for them and they could become decentralized in the blink of an eye.

I would urge anyone at Storj to contact them and offer them a test account. Their solution finally may bring some Dropbox like experience to Storj storage and could attract even more customers and end users.

3 Likes
1 Like

Opacity seems to get a mobile app very soon:

I hope Storj is trying hard to become a storage provider for them like Sia.

2 Likes