Just noticed my node got suspended

Been running my node for about a year now. I used to check it every day, now it is more like once a month. Anyway, today I checked it and say this:

Every thing looks fine, ports good, services running, windows firewall configured properly… you know, all that jazz. Something is being fussy though, at lest according to my logs:

2021-02-26T21:03:44.978-0500 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {"Sate - Pastebin.com (in a pastebin because the errors are quite long)

And here is my updater logs:

2021-02-26T20:58:32.716-0500 ERROR Error updating service. {"Service": "storagen - Pastebin.com (errors are also long here)

Welcome to the forum @goat!

Check your DDNS or contact.external-address section. It seems there were connection issues with your node hence the online score decreased. In case you are using NO-IP it needs to be reactivated every 30 days. There are alternatives to NO-IP too.

Thank you! Was not NO-IP, I just had my actually ip there but apparently it changed. Did not realize. I switched to no-ip now, because I pay for it anyway. I don’t know I did not have it on. Thanks a ton!

1 Like

Will my node recover? It looks like it went offline February 12. And I’m getting notices like:

Your Node was suspended!: This is a reminder that your Storage Node on 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDsSatellite is suspended

The online score will recover in the next 30 days online. As soon as it would be higher than 60%, it went out of suspension. The node will be on review for the next 30 days, if after 30 days it would be still suspended - it will be disqualified.
Each downtime will require the next 30 days online.

So in 30 days I should be fine if nothing goes wrong. Prefect! Thanks

1 Like

Exactly the same that happened to me. In muy case, bad sectors triggered pieces to be lost.