Layer 2 support for SNO payouts

Yes. If you would opt-in you will have an option to specify, that your wallet is supporting a list of technologies, i.e. zksync in this case. Maybe it could be extended to other ways as well, such as raiden.

1 Like

Hi Jocelyn, zkSync is not supported on Ledger wallet and this affects users like myself that store ETH and the ETH address for StorJ on a Ledger wallet.

It should be supported via MetaMask. My Trezor works just fine.

2 Likes

Please see this page: Wallets | zkSync Lite Documentation (zkSync is supported on any Ethereum wallet, even exchange-owned wallets or contract addresses. Currently the withdrawal mechanism is manual for zkSync, but will be automated soon).

2 Likes

The ETH address is on a Ledger hardware wallet. I do not want to expose private keys to this wallet in order to use MetaMask.

Ledger doesn’t support zkSync

1 Like

This isn’t a workable solution for those that use an Eth address on Ledger hardware wallets. We use hardware wallets for a reason and exposing the private key to a 3rd party ie MetaMask is not something that I am willing to do to transfer StorJ.

I may have to change my ETH address on my Node to an exchange directly (which isn’t ideal or something I support anyway) but looks like I have no choice.

No I am saying you should connect your Hardware Wallet with MetaMask or Wallet Connect. You will still have to sign the transactions with your Hardware Wallet and the private key will not get exposed.

you can connect your Ledger to Metmasak and than that account to zkSync.
I think you are not exposing priv key of Ledger wallet in Metmask because it is going thru Ledger Live.

I am a bit confused here. What does zksync do exactly? In order to use it, I have to sign up with zksync, and then another 3rd party as my wallet (exodus) is not supported by zksync in order to connect my wallet to zksync? This sounds terribly complicated to receive payments.

2 Likes

No signup needed.

You could ask exodus to support it. My hardware wallet is supported. For that reason, I don’t really understand the issue here. zkSync just wants a signed transaction but they don’t care how you sign it. In fact, they offer a variety of options.

You can test it for free in testnet. Just let me know if you want me to send you some testSTORJ token.

So they just forward the storj to my eth address? I do not have to connect an address to zksync?

I guess I just do not understand what this means. How do I sign it? I only see the option to add a wallet to zksync on their site. Mine is not listed, and it just says something about wallets that I do not control. I control my wallet, so how would I use zksync in this instance?

They will forward it to your zksync address. They can forward it to any address without a signup requirement.

I am not using exodus but I can still interact with the blockchain the same way you are doing it.

With any compatible wallet. In my case I am signing the transaction with an hardware wallet.

If you want to stick with exodus you might have to contact the exodus support and ask them to add zkSync. While you are waiting for that you can use one of the other wallets. All of the listed wallets would be under your control. Or you just don’t opt-in and wait.

How would I get a zksync address without signing up?

Which transaction are we talking about here? I have never had to sign a transaction to receive.

The same way I get my ETH address without having to signup for exodus wallet. You just need a private key and the corresponding address is also your zkSync address.

Sorry, now I am lost. First, you complain that you can’t use exodus and would have to use a third party wallet. Now you are saying you don’t want to sign a transaction? If there is nothing to sign why do you complain about the wallet in the first place? You could use a block explorer if you want to look at your balance only. You lost me somewhere in the middle. How about you try zkSync in testnet first? I am happy to send you some testSTORJ to play around with. That should help to understand how zkSync works.

The usual interaction with web3 applications are consist of:

1. You select some action which expect the confirmation any kind - connect your current web3-compatible wallet to the service (usually free), or confirm a transaction (usually paid and there you can configure, how much you willing to spend on gas), etc. There’s a lot of actions which requires your confirmation.
  2. Confirm action and smart contract of that application will execute some method (like connecting your wallet and register it on L2).

So the signing of the transaction is basically mean that after that it will be published to the connected blockchain node (your own or publicaly shared) and start propagating it to remained network. The sign usually cost nothing, but the transaction will spend gas during execution. However, it will not be send if it’s not explicitly signed by you.

Just by linking metamask with zksync and putting the metamask wallet in the config would that be all? The payments will go to Zksynk automatically or you have to do some more step.

You should add this line to the config file of the storagenode:

When you would like to withdraw your funds to the L1 address, you will pay fee. At the moment only in ETH, but we are working with Matter Labs to add STORJ as a payment for fee:

Do you have to see any change in the dashboard after putting operator.wallet-features: [“zksync”]? Just to be sure

Not yet, it should be visible and configurable from the dashboard in the coming releases.

2 Likes

Before the next payout?