Looks like data not split 2 nodes same IP

i know it should be like this: All nodes behind the /24 subnet of the public IPs will be treated as a one node for uploads and downloads

but i have 2 nodes on 1 PC and it looks like it gets more data (red box):

the 2 nodes on the same PC using a DSL connection with 100MBit down/50Mbit up, together net in is at about 470GB…

the last node with 9TB total disk is at my home (RPI) and only got 291GB net in but internet connection is cable with 1GBit down/50Mbit up

my question: can this be because of the vetting progress and data will be less in future when vetting is done?

you basically can’t conclude anything with these numbers.

maybe i should have added that before the second node was started “net in” was about same for my home and office (where the 2 nodes are running now)

Nodes in vetting draw from a different pool. So if one is being vetted and the other is already vetted you’ll briefly see more ingress.

2 Likes

for me it more looks like unvetted nodes get more data, as there is low amount of them,
if we watch stats Storj Network Statistics - Grafana (storjstats.info) there is about -164 unvetted nodes, looks like somewhere is error, how can be unvetted nodes in minus

the negative number of unvetted nodes is just a display error, this is not an issue with the Storj source data used to make these graphs. The author of the dashboard would have to fix it.

I confirm. My unvetted node receives around 30% more data than my vetted nodes.

Maybe this is the true effect of the recent payment proposal discussions?

i think it is because unvetted nodes get fixed amount of data, but there is very low amount of unvetted nodes, as vetting process is go faster today.
i think this 5% should be scalable dawn in unvetted nodes is low some step by step logic.

2 Likes

Going off my likely faulty memory, I recall that 5% may be related to the percentage of new nodes being selected vs vetted nodes, and not 5% more data. In other words, your odds of getting data increases if your node isn’t vetted.

Like BrightSilence mentioned, vetted and non-vetted are in two different pools, so in order for non-vetted to receive data a portion is included in the selection process of available nodes to receive data.

Keep in mind as well that nodes can lose the race to neighbors who are faster/closer to the uploader. So, if your node is faster it should gain more data than a slower node.

4 Likes

this 5% of all data is a number that divided between unvetted nodes, so if there is less unvetted nodes each get lot of data.
See the difference
Unvetted/Vetted node traffic - Node Operators - Storj Community Forum (official)

1 Like

The reverse. It’s divided between all vetting nodes, the total 5% of the customers’ uploads.

1 Like

unvetted=vetting or i am wrong?

1 Like

Ah, I see now. The language. Yes, it’s the same.
Sorry

4 Likes

Until they reach 500gb ca. Then it goes even.

My youngest node finished vetting at major satellites at around 500 GB of stored data, so that would match. But it’s vetting that counts here, not the amount of stored data.

Did not check it, but i do agree with that.