Lost Node with error Your node has been disqualified on

My hard drive was inaccessible for a few days due to a windows bug and storj looks like it banned me. I have been a member for over a year and have a long history of reputation with my node. How can this be recovered?

Your node has been disqualified on 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs . If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

Welcome to the forum @Quickdraw !

It cannot be recovered. Disqualification due to audit failures is permanent. You have to start over again.

Make sure such bugs don’t affect your new node. Setup alerts using uptimerobot.com that will notify you if your node goes offline. While requesting new token use Chrome or Firefox without ad blockers.

your disqualification must be due to something other than the time spent offline, as this is not currently used to trigger disqualification until we implement a new uptime qualification scheme. I would suggest looking for what the reason really was for getting disqualified, to avoid the same from happening again with your new node. It is likely you lost data or did not properly specifiy the data location when restarting the node. Perhaps you were using wrong mounting instructions.

Are there instructions on how to setup a new node? Do I need a new temporary key that i used to originally set it up?

https://documentation.storj.io/

Storj staff made an awesome documentation with every thing you need in it. Anything else you need just ask here. Good luck!

These instructions are for someone who is creating from scratch, How would i do it if i have a cert and identity already created?

You can’t use your old identity or anything from your old node. You have to create new identity i.e. start from scratch.

oh ok. Would my old one time use code still work? If not how would i get another one? When I go to create a new cert, it says storagenode already exists. How would i wipe out the old cert?

The documentation page gives you a link to sign up page. Follow the link to get your new auth token.

Delete old identity folder before you create new one.

PS: Don’t forget you need to make sure your new node doesn’t fall prey to same issue as old node.

no. but if you use the same email address as before you will automatically be added.

Not sure how a windows bug could destroy your entire hard drive, how did that happened? would be good for others here to know as well? I’m running a 10TB Windows Server node.

It didn’t destroy the drive the file system was inaccessible for a couple hours and a year of node reputation got wiped away. Have to say not super happy with that.

once again, this loss of reputation due to being offline is NOT the reason your node was disqualified. Please look for other issues that could have led to data loss.

One of my nodes was offline over a month because of filesystem corruption, now it is back online without a problem.
There is another reason why your node got disqualified. If the filesystem became inaccessible, what happened with your node? was ist offline or did it for some reason continue/restart and try to store data somewhere else?

What other issues? Internet is 99% up port forwarding was working, dynamic dns was working, pc was online ,majority of the time. I regularly checked the dashboard and saw ingress and egress traffic.

I’m not talking about problems while the node was obviously working fine… (although if you did not check your audit scores too, there is still a chance something was wrong)

Important is what happened after your filesystem became inaccessible.

That’s a situation that should never happen without notifying SNOs first :frowning:

There should be an email warning SNOs something is wrong so they have a chance to look into it in time, instead of discovering one morning that the whole node is disqualified for ever.

It cannot get more unfair/frustrating than that :sweat:

1 Like

From what I see the node was online, but the file system was inaccessible. That would lead to failing lots of audits and quick disqualification.

@Quickdraw I noticed that the stefan benten satellite is not among those you are disqualified on. Possibly it wasn’t doing audits when you had issues. That satellite is not very active right now, but has been the source of most income in the past. I think it would be well worth doing a graceful exit on that one before starting over.