Maintenance: europe-west-1.tardigrade.io downtime - March 14th 2021

Hi all!
On Sunday March 14th 2021 we will be taking downtime to allow us to enable important features in the upcoming weeks. The downtime window will occur between 2021-03-14T07:00:00Z2021-03-14T10:00:00Z.
Thanks!
Krista

7 Likes

Why do you always do technical work during the day? On Asia in general in prime time. Well, man, this is a bad idea. I understand that in US you do not know that other countries live in other time zones, but still it should be taken into account :wink:

2 Likes

It’s always daytime somewhere

I think you’ve missed the point. Take the US satellites down when it’s outside of working hours in the US. Likewise for Asia and Europe satellites.

1 Like

They aren’t exclusively used in those regions though. And they are now also launching multiregion satellites. I don’t think it’s possible to plan it in such a way that it’s convenient for everyone or even for the majority of users.

Agreed. However you would assume the most appropriate region would be selected. That said, out of hours for one customer could be in hours for another so I think ANY customer facing downtime should be limited.

Can you imagine if AWS said they are taking a region offline for planned downtime? I’m not sure when they last did.

Hey, @NotPaidForBugReport this totally valid. The main reason we did the Asia migration on Sunday from 2:00 a.m. EST/EDT to 6:00 a.m. EST/EDT is our Tardigrade Terms Of Service specifically call out this time frame. We had not realized this would be an issue in the past because we had not taken a planned downtime window like this. We have been having conversations about updating our Tardigrade Terms Of Service to make it so that the maintenance windows would happen relative to where the satellite is located. thank you for pointing this out and sorry for any inconvenience these migrations are causing! just to be clear these kinds of maintenance windows are not something we take lightly and not something we plan or like to do. Typically if there is a way to avoid taking any downtime window we would pursue that route.

5 Likes

Hi all!

We have postponed this weeks maintenance, the maintenance will now occur 2021-03-14T07:00:00Z2021-03-14T10:00:00Z.

Thank!
Krista

4 Likes