MAR 10, 2020: Februay SNO payouts are complete

Please add this addresses to json API.
I want to create integration in my monitoring script and blockchain.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!

Last month we did not payout the last 7 days of bandwidth because of a technical issue with how the satellite reconciles bandwidth orders. The satellite used to wait until the order expired and then it would be reconciled. We have changed this functionality so the satellite reconciles the bandwidth orders as they are received and we will no longer have a 7-day delay.

Since this issue was caused by us we decided we are going to apply the January surge amount of 3X to the first 15 days (a little extra because you all had to wait a month :slight_smile:) of bandwidth for February across all satellites. Thank you for your patience!

22 Likes

Thanks for that!
Now to figure out how I’m going to calculate surge on half of the months payout… :wink:
First world problems, right?

Anyway, thanks again, you have been pretty good for SNO’s over the long period of surge payouts. I appreciate that we’re getting a little more of a taste of it.

6 Likes

Is it 3x for older and 2x for newer nodes, or 3x for everyone?

1 Like

Hey @donald.m.motsinger the 3x surge will apply to all nodes.

3 Likes

I did a review for the current payout sheet and notices different results compared to the old payout calculation. Here is a list of the important changes:

1. One payment per storage node per satellite. The old script was summing up storage nodes that share the same wallet. The new one doesn’t. If you are running multiple storage nodes you should see more transactions this time.
  2. For the first 2 weeks 3 times surge pricing to compensate for the traffic that was moved from January into February. The surge pricing is only for download traffic including repair and audit traffic. Used space is calculated without surge pricing.
  3. Graceful exit payments for January and February are included. You get the payment + hold back amount in a single transaction. Same deal for the 50% hold back payment in month 15th. (in a few month the first nodes are older than 15 month)
  4. First payout for the saltlake satellite. Remeber the satellite is new and every storage node will start with 25% hold back level.
4 Likes

Maybe, this was posted before, and I missed the post or misread it. But this is going to cause a lot of confusion…

There definitely needs to be a notice or tag or some indicator in the storage node dashboard of these sorts of things…

Are you suggesting we should stop the payout for the saltlake satellite and focus on the dashboard first?

I’m not saying the policy is unreasonable, it’s just confusing that’s all.

is it nessesary to make multeple payouts for more than one nodes? It will unnesasary will pay you more for transactions.

Looks like there’s nothing more pressing to complain about than being confused and transaction fees xD Must be a good sign if we don’t have any bugs to complain about.

2 Likes

Nothing to complain about getting a transfer for other nodes makes no difference.

It’s about trust in the system.

Stefan is being taken offline. Those of us with 6 to 8 months of good rep with Stefan are going to miss out on a full payout from Stefan. Now, the new satellite is starting up, we all start on month 1… most of alot of my Ingress has been from Saltlake… so, my guess is that most of future Egress will be cataloged there too. If true, then I will need to wait a long time until I see a full payout.

There’s a little bell and notification dialog that pops up on my dashboard…

Maybe these notices about starting one month 1 for a new satellite should be put there.

stefans satellite was for testing purposes did you think that was going to last forever? I knew it was getting put to rest before it was even said in the forum.

No one who hasn’t checked this forum would know that.

1 Like

Theres a reason why they gave us a good payout last month because they wanted stefans satellite going down not effect our pay, That is the only reason we got a good payout is because of they didnt want us to loose out on all the pay. They made up for it believe me.

1 Like

I’m not complaining…

I’m simply indicating that it’s confusing. Clear, concise information presented to SNOs via their dashboards would result in far fewer misunderstandings.

There’s a notification icon sitting in the interface. I’m trying to gently suggest that it be used to provide clear, concise messages for SNOs.

My comment was not meant to be a compliant nor an overtly harsh criticism of anyone or any product.

1 Like

You been here long enough to know stefans satellite was only for testing purposes though.

Yes. That is true.

But I reference my prior comment… “No one who hasn’t checked this forum would know that.”

What I mean is you cannot include stefans satellite in any equation and it wasnt part of the main network its as if it wasnt ever there, If you didnt keep an eye on the forum then its there problem, If there confused about the payout they will come to the forum to complain about it. Then they will get told why. No real need to announce it again it was already announced.