March 2023: what is easiest and cheapest way to exchange STORJ tokens at ZKSync wallet

You can swap some tokens for MATIC without a gas fee: Polygon Bridge: Bridge Assets from Ethereum to Polygon zkEVM

I’ve also used this Polygon faucet when I was low, you can give it a try: purplefaucet.app

As always be careful with crypto apps.

I can’t remember fully how, but my records show that I swapped USDT on Polygon to Matic on Polygon last year.

Get 0.01 free MATIC by joining the Polygon Discord and requesting it from the faucet bot

The official Polygon faucet will direct you to Discord, so……

Join the Polygon Discord and after verifying navigate to the “support.” Underneath the “support” tab there are 10 or so different channels. One of those channels is called, “matic-faucet.”

Paste the message “faucet-send YourReceivingAddress” without the quotation marks. Within a couple minutes you will receive 0.01 MATIC.

This will not work if you have any MATIC in your wallet.

BEWARE of anyone who sends you a direct message, offering to help. Polygon support will NEVER DM you first, ever!

If you received a DM from someone claiming to be Polygon support or offering to help you, report them immediately to Discord.

Found this on the internet. Guess faucets are real, but beware of scams.
Edit: Source
https://www.reddit.com/r/0xPolygon/comments/16joajs/how_to_get_free_matic_use_a_faucet/

2 Likes

Did anybody have luck with depositing from zkSync Era to Bitrefill? When try to connect the wallet I get this error.

I also tried a new Firefox profile with only Metamask installed. I can connect my wallet at the login screen and chose a different email address. But when I try to deposit I get the same error.

Edit: SUCCESS! It worked with Chromium. “Lost” $1.20 overall for the transaction.

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve settled down to a new scheme.

1. Receive to coinbase (edit) on L1.
  2. Convert to Usdc at pennies
  3. Send to the bank, free.

Recently turning 90 storj to USD and sending to my bank cost me two clicks and 30 cents.

Until storj decides to pass the transaction fee to the operator I don’t see the point in wasting time with zk sync.

1 Like

Just so people are clear you are receiving payments via L1.

Liquidity is slowly improving on zkSync Era. It’s a chicken and egg problem.

2 Likes

I am also trying to just use plain L1 this month. (well to kraken, but same idea).

last month I used zksync era for the first time and my funds got stranded where I couldn’t transfer them out without paying more in fees than the funds were worth.

I can use zksync era if I can figure out how do do one of these things cheaply:

1. transfer STORJ to a fiat brokerage using the ERC-20 network
  2. transfer STORJ to a different L2 chain (and possibly token) that is supported, like polygon or tron or something, for low fees.

I got about $100+ on my Zk Era for experiments.

But now switched back to L1, because Zk Era appears to be useless for my purposes. Or I don’t know how to use it…

Also on coinbase?

So you can send USDC from coinbase to your bank (fee?) and then convert it to real $ on your bank (fee?)

I send it from era to Binance. Sell it there and then send it to my Bank account. No problem there and fees are low too (at least the last time I did it. Was a long time ago)

Yes, I’m receiving at coinbase, then either:

• swapping to Usdc on coinbase, (cost was about 43 cents for about $53 worth of storj), then sell USDC (free) for USD.
  • or sell STORJ directly for USD, same cost.

Then withdraw USD to my bank (free). Total cost — $0.43, or about 0.8%, and about 1 min of my time clicking three buttons.

example last transaction

Buying/selling USDC is free on coinbase. So no fees involved. Sending USD to the bank is ACH transaction and is also free.

Don’t forget that their USDC offering also gives interest, currently 5.15% APY. So leaving it in USDC isn’t a terrible idea as long as you trust them to not Gox you.

Ahh nice, now I get it.
I do something similar on Kraken.
Swap STORJ to Swiss Francs and then withdraw for 1Fr. to my bank account (SEPA transaction I believe).
Not as good as your 43 cents, but close :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah so I just got paid for June. This time using plain old L1 ERC-20, and specifying my kraken STORJ deposit address.

SO MUCH EASIER

I got a notification I had a deposit, I log in, I sell the storj (25 cent fee plus a spread), and then withdraw to my bank account for free, and I am $25 richer.

Sure… I don’t “own” the wallet, but if I’m just selling the tokens I don’t care.

It would be nice if there was a way to use the zksync-era L2 to somehow get the funds transferred to a place like kraken or coinbase without paying the Ethereum ERC-20 gas fee. That way Storj labs wouldn’t be eating the gas fees and I would get that sweet 10% bonus.

3 Likes

Which is 3% for some time already.