MAY 11, 2021: Payouts for month of April 2021 complete

Lol. If only storj would send an email about poor old node 10.
I could probably chia plot and storagenode on the same drives but can’t because of brain space

They manipulate and everyone knows it.

You need to prove this in court, and not on the forum, where messages you don’t like are deleted.

And it is very simple to prove this - we take the days of payment (on the blockchain) and look at the price chart, 2-3 days before payment the price rises and so on every month.

1 Like

ah everyone… so it’s common knowledge… my bad for not being “everyone”…

So maybe some sneaky traders manipulate the market to make money from storj?
Besides… This month the price actually went up after I got paid and I sold my storj for +33%… So much for your proof…

There are so many regulars on this forum that read posts a lot faster than any storjling and even some of the meanest and most ridiculous posts are still there (as long as they don’t offend someone personally or similar). But I’m sure “everyone” knows that storjlabs is censoring heavily.

4 Likes

Or maybe he liked them a lot, I mean a cat that is both alive and dead is clearly the master of life itself :rofl:

Wondering about that a bit too. I blacklisted some satellites over 30 days ago and didn’t receive a single email about being dqed or suspended… guess I should whitelist them again and have a look :smiley:

Hmmm. That’s 3, there was another SNO too. Zombie cats it is.

No, I just took my the old 3tb HDDs and moved nodes. On the shelf in the off state, they do not require cooling and power supply. And the work will remain what will be more profitable. In the current conditions, chia is 15-20 times more profitable. And if you understand that the watchman does not pay, then…

1 Like

I understand that HDDs on a shelf do not get any earnings either :smiley: And last time I checked, we still got enough egress to pay for electricity if you have multiple 3TB HDDs with nodes.
But whatever your reasons and intentions: The network doesn’t care about your nodes. It’ll survive just fine.

2 Likes

If you can hit blocks other then that its going to be less profitable if you never hit a block then its less profitable then storj…If you still have your drives running why wouldnt you just do both at the sametime?

Don’t worry, it’s already archived by the Wayback Machine.

Because in CHIA you can successfully mine on HDD.
If STORJ is located on disk, then its random reading interferes.
The person does everything right - turn off STORJ.
Now people start to simply turn off the STORJ nodes, but within a month when space for CHIA is required, the STORJ data will be deleted. Nobody even GE will do it.
STORJ’s profitability is now 30 times less

Storj nodes hardly do any reading, especially with lower amounts of data.
And I didn’t notice my chia nodes doing heavy reading either. Can you point me to some info about the effects of iops on chia mining?

Proceeds to be completely dishonest…

Your post is filled with absolute lies and despite your false claims, I’m certain it will stay up. I have my concerns about some changes too, but your dishonest posts are drowning out real concerns. Please stop.

And in general, can we all cool it with the fake outrage? Anyone here reading this has actually now been informed and can probably simply change a setting if they want to keep L1 payouts. My concern is not with anyone here knowing that this change is now coming up. But with those who won’t know.

6 Likes

I wrote what I think.
I’ve been in the project for a long time and I know what I’m writing about.
If you disagree - this is your opinion, but I have my right to write and stick to it.

The fact that the project is in the ass I hope you understand. And any attempts at authoritarian control will lead to collapse!

I have been following the project for years, I believe that you are making a useless controversy!
The regulation is clear to everyone, STORJ does not require you to buy dedicated hardware or to open dedicated connections for the project. It has other basic concepts.
IF you don’t like the rules, no one asks you to stay! For the question of payments between L1 and L2, STORJ has indicated choices, with the pros and cons of the two. The choice is yours!

1 Like

You wrote defamatory claims of fact that just so happen to be false. To quote your own words.

Please do. But you might want to talk to a lawyer first, because you just handed them a defamation countersuit on a platter. Can we instead just go back to reasonable discussion on the forums?

There isn’t even a hint at authoritarian control here. They might change a default. You can change a setting to show you prefer it to stay the same. So, if you want to keep L1 payouts, just change the setting. If that’s authoritarian, you’ve lived a carefree life.

If you think Chia will be more profitable for you long term, leave. But don’t pretend one has anything to do with the other. And if you are going to make claims of fact, back them up with evidence. Otherwise it’s a distraction from actual issues.

7 Likes

I agree that they always said that you don’t need to buy equipment, you don’t need RAID, but you need to use old shit to constantly get disqualified.
Do you really think that the project has a future without professionally configured servers?

I believe that without professional server and secure systems, the project will die.

I wrote my opinion as SNO who have been on the project for over a year. I know what I’m talking about and it’s foolish to accuse me of a split because all price jumps and payout days are on the blockchain, and if you analyze this, it becomes obvious that I said “my opinion, with good reason to think so.”

If you are not ready to accept my truth, ignore it, it is your right!
But my point of view is shared by many other SNO, and if you do not want the excitement and discussions, the transfer of this information with analytics to other forums, just ignore it! (And let the developers draw conclusions!)

I am SNO myself and I am interested that the price will rise, so I expressed my opinion here with only one purpose - to warn the development team that SNO are smart people, we all see, understand and demand an honest attitude towards ourselves!

As a SNO I can only welcome such actions. More data and traffic to my nodes which results in more income that doesn’t depend on exchange rate of an another literal shitcoin or ability of chinese miners to purchase whole racks filled with used enterprise storage.

3 Likes

Yes, I do, because the network is hardened against that. All the information around this is out there and the whitepaper even includes some of the statistical analysis done to ensure reliability. Please go read the whitepaper and other information provided on how unreliable nodes working in conjunction can lead to a completely reliable network. And while you’re at it, you might want to look up “argument from incredulity”.

You didn’t write an opinion, you made statements of fact. And you claim that everyone agrees. I don’t agree. I’m fairly certain I’m not alone in that, because if you were right, why would people bother with this at all? I’ve been around for many years. Quite a bit longer than you and yet, I don’t expect people to take that as a reason they should trust me. When I make a claim, I back it up with evidence.

Then provide your evidence. Don’t shift the burden of proof to someone else. That’s not how the world works friend. Honest people would have to spend their entire day disproving wild conspiracy theories by dishonest people. Either show us the transactions that lead from Storj Labs’ wallets to market manipulating transactions or admit that it’s just wild speculation. Until such time you provide any evidence whatsoever, I’m going to dismiss your wild claims and go with my years long experience of Storj Labs doing the right thing and making every effort to be transparent about token management and staying far away from anything that might even come close to influencing the market. And the evidence of that can be found in the quarterly token flow reports on their blog. All Articles About Token Reports
See, I don’t expect you to blindly trust me just because I’ve been around longer.

If only we could all live in our own… but I’m afraid we all share the same one my friend.

6 Likes

Hello! I just wanted to cross-post this response in another thread, which absolutely applies to this thread too:

We’re hearing a lot of the feedback and thinking about it. As always, thanks especially for the constructive comments in particular, and we’ll have more details to share soon!

7 Likes

Thanks for getting back to us, I appreciate it! Looking forward to future announcements regarding this. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes