Messed up the configuration by creating two configuration mounting points for storj Data and configuration file

Yes. I already ran the storage container 6 hours ago!

But at least, I am willing to return those data to the network before wiping it off!

Yeah, I would just start over. It is a learning process.

The data you have isn’t needed by the network. It is all error corrected and duplicated so that anything missing will be recreated if needed.

But the new mount point has just 58.6 KB of data!

So perhaps it hasn’t written anything, possibly permissions. Perhaps then just change your docker run command to point to the correct mount point and see how it goes.

I just do not wanna repeat the same mistake that I did in the past!

How can I do that? At least suggest me some steps!

Well, if this data is from years ago, your node is disqualified and that data is no good. It sounds to me like you installed a new node and want to mount your old data. That won’t work. You should start over.

1 Like

It would be a loss for the Storj network. That’s why I am so concerned. If only possible I would just be freely(without any compensation) willing to return those data to Storj.

The data isn’t lost. The data is redundant and recreated through error correction. Your node has been offline so long that it has failed enough audits that it has been disqualified. Meaning, it is removed from the Storj network. The data that it contained is recreated on other nodes.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for clearifying. I am relieved :relieved:!

2 Likes

I have a question.
Can I use the same hostname that I used for this old node for the new storage node?

Yes, that is no problem

2 Likes