Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Pinning for visibility :

Hello, I wanted to come back with the promised update to this thread. As I mentioned on Friday, we needed to have some internal discussions, which continued across this week. I’ll break the results of those talks out into a few bullets below.

– We coordinated between engineering, product, marketing, operations and the community team to look at the situation from as many sides as possible. We also looped in Viktor, who is the product manager for the SNO side of the platform.

• The main actionable result of our conversation is described here: [L2 Payouts with zkSync].(L2 Payouts with Zksync) zkSync will launch as opt-in, at least initially. It will take about 2 sprints to make the opt-in ready in the dashboard, and we expect to have it avaialble as an option by March (to process February-earned payments.)
    Please read the link to get more information, L2 Payouts with Zksync

• There is a design draft that we (mostly JT) pulled together over the weekend here:
    DESIGN DRAFT > Layer 2 Support for SNO Payouts
    We are looking for your votes and comments on this direction. The moderators and I all think its a really good approach that will make the experience better for SNOs. Viktor, the SNO product manager is committed to supporting from the dashboard side to help with ease of use.

• As we were working through the issues the thread got quite long. To address points being brought up, I had organized the feedback into rough “buckets” . For example, specific questions, suggestions for moving forward, general comments….et cetera.

Initially we planned to address each point within the thread, but since we are at >125 posts in the thread, we don’t want the answers to be lost. So - as time allows – the mods will take some of those questions and split them off into separate threads. This should help with readability and organization. Its likely to be labor-intensive, so the spinoff threads will be coming out incrementally.

12 Likes