Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

~~ Huh, you could have mentioned … (edit - just found this was suggested a while ago actually :slight_smile: Send payments using a layer 2 scaling solution and I didn’t find this somehow before posting)

Otherwise I think this would be a good payout option as long as it’s an option. It may be tempting for Storjlabs to cut network fee costs entirely with L2 but it would not be great and here’s why:

• L2 option carries more risk and requires more awareness and understanding by SNOs - the main reason really and the risks should be well communicated if implemented
  • It may be less optimal for SNO financially in some scenarios. For example if SNO prefer to cash out to fiat as soon as they receive the payment
  • It may not be relevant after full rollout of Eth2.0, potentially to a point where zksync will be abandoned and deprecated over the years

But I think L2 has advantages for both Storjlabs and SNO in at least some cases:

• New SNOs will have a choice other then waiting to see first payout in half a year since starting the node. Doesn’t mean that everyone will, but they can choose if they want to trust Storjlabs or accept L2=>L1 fees/risks
  • SNOs get an option to convert Storj tokens to other currencies/tokens of choice with ~0 fee. Stablecoins mainly I think
  • Storjlabs can cut network fee costs

It’s always better to have a choice.

1 Like