Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Yes, but you can withdraw them when you want and not when we send them to you once a month.
You can choose a day when the fee is low for example.
And also, did you really sell all sent tokens in the same day?

The cost of withdrawing funds through a contract is much higher than just sending tokens from one wallet to another. I think it maybe in the magnitude of 2x-4x more gas to transact against a contract than a simple wallet to wallet transfer.

1 Like

and the L2 to L1 fees are for the conversion? I don’t have any particular use for Tardigrade.io myself for a number of reasons… I’d be far more likely to implement something like Nextcloud anyway.

You can connect the Nextcloud to the Tardigrade and use it as a primary storage:

I would invite you to the testing there:

We can figure that out without spending much of real money.

It is better to look at real world examples since the contract is on mainnet. See here:

Gas used by transaction is 337,954.

Compare it to a transaction from Storj’s payout: https://etherscan.io/tx/0x64b39978cea3ec53961e14d37517f877ab3806c9d017608893e455a38f47e89c

Gas used by transaction is 36,508.

Just open it and count all transactions inside,
If you divide the TX fee on mainnet on number of TX offchain, you will see that the fee is $1 per TX offchain when the total is $20

They are trying to find a away to get things working quickly from their take on the forums as some people are more or less asking for it to be rushed. They won’t make a decision like moving away to zksync without a majority agreement, if it even gets that far.

Waiting for Eth 2.0 is the right way to go about it, however working on zksync as some sort of backup may not be a bad idea.

1 Like

For me at least I prefer to stay on the current system and just build up enough credit to eventually get a payout once it meets the defined criteria. I don’t have any interest in opting in for the new proposal.
Just my .002 storj worth…

4 Likes

Thats the problem, we are still relying on when the eth fees go up or down. Same with the current problem.

Im not against with this new L2 as long as its only an option for the rest of storj life.

Getting my payout to my currency in the same day, would be great tho. :blush:

The intention is to send payouts more frequently than once a month. We always dreaming about micropayments. But still doesn’t have it. The L2 is a nice prototype for that dream.

4 Likes

I just want a payout option that is easy fast and low cost to exchange to my currency. :pleading_face: Like other mining sites are doing. Example coinbase with email

2 Likes

I totally understand that Storj is trying to find a solution before ETH 2.0 comes out and I get it. But please make sure that this is an option and SNOs really truely understand the pros and cons of using a L2 along with the risks involved in entrusting their tokens with a L2 that just started mainnet in December.

8 Likes

L2 payment solutions are not a viable alternative to me. All costs included it’s more expensive than the native transactions and for me this invalidates the whole point of using them.
Personally I am fine with Storj setting a higher threshold for payments to save from transaction fees. I don’t mind getting a payment once in a quarter in case my earned amount is less than the threshold.

In my opinion the only viable alternative from your side would be to spin up a wrapped token on a modern high speed chain like the Waves or the Zilliqa. I think Waves already has a working bridge with Ethereum and Zilliqa is in progress of bringing it to live soon.
Yes, there are several cons running a parallel token on another chain, but it also brings up new opportunities to Storj and it’s blobbers.

4 Likes

the people down a nodes ?
in truth the costs of the transactions who has to assume them, the user or storj?

1 Like

This is doesn’t work. As soon as they would have the same or greater volume - they likely will have the same problem.
We migrated once, so you can believe me - this is does not work.

More like an IP change and do not use a DDNS.

57 operators on our forum with question “Why is it OFFLINE” soon!

A modern natively sharding chain will never have a problem with transaction fees being too high.
It’s just that Ethereum is slow in implementing things and is so for a good reason. - they need time and trust before they migrate new technologies. The downside of doing so is an overcrowded chain with sky high transactions cost. Expect this issue to get worse before eventually 2.0 is migrated - which is not going to happen at least a year.

2 Likes

As a ETH 2.0. Which doesn’t requires to solve all those problems which we have had to solve in the first migration. So no, thanks.
The ETH developers community is wider than any new modern blockchain (unproved, untested and have unknown problems implemented).

1 Like

Yes. In short there are two options.
a. Stay in trusted slow, high cost chain and wait for updates which should happen within a couple of years.
b. Implement a parallel solution using a cutting-edge chain, which has not built a full trust yet.
Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I’m fine with getting my payouts quarterly if not meeting the threshold.

4 Likes