Mount tardigrade bucket as a share

Hi,

I installed uplink client to access my tardigrade buckets on my debian server and it works very well.

Now, in order to have an easier access to it, I would like to mount my buckets as a share on my debian server (like an SMB or NFS share).
Is that possible?

I already managed to add a bucket through my Nextcloud server but it would be simpler if I could just install it on a debian server.

Thanks a lot!

I have brought the Nextcloud issue to the attention of our dev team working on connectors. We will let you know when we have any feedback.

Thank you!

Actually, my question was more focused on “how to mount Tardigrade bucket as a share” than being able to connect to Tardigrade through Nextcloud (even if it would be very nice if this issue was solved :)).

My need would be to manage files stored on Storj network (through tardigrade) like any other file system.

@jeremyfritzen That’s great question.
Technically it is possible.
rclone is one-way but work on this is still in progress and will be available soon, a raw FUSE driver would be another that you can do.

Thanks for heads up on this use case, we think it can be a nice theme for one of our next blog posts where we can tell more about it.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

rclone is not really for the same use case. It would be good for backup but not for managing files stored on tardigrade.
I would like to be able to manage files stored on tardigrade transparently, as I would do with a SMB or NFS mounted directory.

Could you elaborate how you would do that?

you could use s3fs-fuse with the S3 gateway.

A native fuse driver would be interesting though.

2 Likes

I’m going to give it a try!

Well, after a quick try, it seems to work well!

3 Likes

In case someone else wants to try this setup, it is a bit tricky because s3fs expects to use AWS, and the Minio server that the s3-gateway is based on does not work like that. On MacOS I got it working with this commandline:

s3fs /mountpoint -o bucket=test1 -o profile=tardigrade -o url=http://localhost:7777 -o use_path_request_style -o sigv2 -o auto_xattr

The profile= is a regular awscli profile (for the username/password) the auto_xattr is required to allow Finder on MacOS to show the contents.

2 Likes