Moved USB HDD from Pi to Synology nas still as USB

Node appearing in Dash and appears to be passing audits as now only 1 satellite suspended was 5 . I am getting the following error

2020-06-16T13:05:25.994Z INFO piecestore upload started {“Piece ID”: “6MQERC4Y447DYLFFUT666NTUAMIKEYBBBL3JMB6LVKKZ7GTRNMTQ”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “Action”: “PUT”, “Available Space”: 438324215296},
2020-06-16T13:05:26.018Z ERROR piecestore upload failed {“Piece ID”: “6MQERC4Y447DYLFFUT666NTUAMIKEYBBBL3JMB6LVKKZ7GTRNMTQ”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “Action”: “PUT”, “error”: “pieces error: filestore error: open config/storage/temp/blob-680355451.partial: structure needs cleaning”, “errorVerbose”: “pieces error: filestore error: open config/storage/temp/blob-680355451.partial: structure needs cleaning\n\tstorj.io/storj/storage/filestore.(*blobStore).Create:156\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).Writer:199\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:283\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func1:996\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:107\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:56\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:111\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:62\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:99\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:51”}

Permissions on storage folder are showing as 1000 rather than my synology user name?

I think that 1000 is your user.
I belive that your username is 1000 in Linux language but someone else with more knowledge can probably say for sure if thats right

It’s your UID. 1000 is usually root I think. But since they were created on another system this system doesn’t have the corresponding user name.

chown -R synologyuser /path/to/storagenode

Replace synologyuser with the right one.

Nah, root has the uid 0. Depending on the Linux distribution, normal users start at 500 or 1000.

Thanks for suggestions will try changing user and see what happens.

Well changing user permissions didn’t work. Strange thing is i am now ok on all servers again. But i am not getting any new traffic. From looking online could be a disk issue. Will hook it up to laptop and run some tests.

Are you sure you’re not getting any traffic at all? It’s pretty quiet on the network right now.

Europe-north is pretty quiet for me…

Europe-north-1 was just about the only source of data for me from 4-13 June. Before and after that it’s been as dead as all others. I think that may have been test traffic and they stopped. My disk usage has decreased slightly since.

So, you are not alone. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Had to reformat drive tried repairing it but although it said it was okay. Must have still had issues. Hopefully will be stable now . Looks like i’m going to be due storj money next month lol.